Chapter 7

Things went even more downhill; it's been hell and then some. I haven't been to school in a week. Steven knew me and Chase broke up and I made him promise that he wouldn't mention that and the fact that I didn't go to school in a week to my mom. I was so thankful that I had such an awesome friend like Mandy, she helped and supported me in every way she could. It was Friday afternoon, and I still didn't feel like leaving my room, but I heard a knock on the door.

Steven knocked on my door the Friday morning before leaving for school. "Sis, mom wanted me to remind you about the trip to Uncle Mike's cabin and for you to let her know if you wanted to go with?"

 "Sis, mom wanted me to remind you about the trip to Uncle Mike's cabin and for you to let her know if you wanted to go with?"

"Thank you bud, I will let her know. Are you off to school?"

"Yes I am, when are you going back?"

If it was my choice, I would never go back. "Soon bud, soon."

He sighed, "Okay, I am going now or Norman will leave without me." He came over and hugged me.

I hugged him back. "Alright, be safe and I hope you have a wonderful day. Remember I love you!"

"I love you too sis." And with that he left.

After some time I texted mom, informing her that I had an assignment due Monday and would not be able to go with to the cabin. I hated lying, but I could not bring myself to tell her the truth. She would be persistent in me going with and I didn't want that. I made myself some tea, my stomach started growling. I didn't have much of an appetite these days, but decided I had to at least try and get something into my stomach.

I was on the sofa eating my peanut butter sandwich, watching The Vampire Diaries. I heard laughter outside and peeked through the window only to see Chase and Jessica making out and acting like two horny teenagers, Jessica was giggling like a hyena. It hurt more to actually see them so happy, not bothered about the path of hurt and destruction they left. Seeing them brought up so much hurt, hate and nausea. I ran to the bathroom, the sandwich along with the tea was now down the drain, literally. After brushing my teeth, I went to my room and put in my earphones. Turning shuffle on in my music app, the first song that came up was Piece of my heart by Janis Joplin. I felt the tears coming on, I turned up the volume and cried into my pillow.

Amanda came by the next morning to bring me my schoolwork, like Mandy she made me promise I would call if I needed to talk. The thing with heartbreak is that no matter what anyone says or does it doesn't make you feel better at all. You just want to be left alone to cry and try deal with the pain on your own. At least that's what I felt like, I didn't want anyone around me, just my music and me! Music was like my oxygen; without it I'd go completely mad.

My dad like usual did not come home. I was going to make myself a cup of tea because it was the only thing I could stomach lately, but with my luck the tea was finished. I cursed, being upset for not going to the store sooner. I peeked through the window again and dreaded walking past Jessica's apartment, but I had to do it eventually. And they would probably be in her room so the chances of me running into them would be very likely. I got dressed and took a deep breath before opening the door and then locking it behind me. I tried to walk fast, but lady luck was being a bitch! They were in the living room and the front door was open, as I walked past I heard them laughing and calling me names. I refused to show them my tears and only wiped it off my face when I was downstairs. I just wish we didn't have to live next door to her, then at least I wouldn't have to deal with them!