10. Right Here

"FP! Stop, I'm trying to cut the pie!" I try to get him to stop kissing my neck, but he refuses. I give up, "Oh, well. I'll just tell everyone it's your fault it's cut so unevenly." He chuckles, "I'll tell them—proudly." I swat him in the chest but he refuses to go away. 

"So you were all over me in the car, but now you're cool as ice?" He crosses his arms and pouts, while I finish setting plates out. "I'm sorry I don't want to be sprawled across this counter when our guests arrive!" I roll my eyes, "Are you sure you're not the one who's pregnant? I think some of my hormones have rubbed off on you." FP laughs, "Hey now--studies show that sympathy pains are a real thing!" 

I lean forward on the counter facing him, resting my face in my hands, giving him a look that clearly says 'I'm not buying it', "Alright then Mr. Sympathy Pains--if you wake up in the middle of the night with weird cravings do not expect me to get up for you." 

He leans on the opposite side of the counter, his face only several inches away from mine, "No fair! I come down here to get you snacks all the time!" I press my nose against his, "That's because I'm actually pregnant!" He responds by pecking my lips quickly, "I guess you have a good point there," he says sarcastically. 

We pull apart as we hear the front door open and Betty and Jughead come walking through, home from their day of doing God knows what. "Hey guys," FP casually greets them, "Want some pie?" Jughead eagerly nods, but Betty hangs back. "My stomach really hurts. I'm just going to go upstairs and go to bed," she winces grabbing her side. "Honey, are you sure your okay?" I ask her, starting to get more concerned. 

She nods, "Yeah, I'll be fine." I watch her climb the stairs and disappear into her room, making a mental note to go check on her after a while. Jughead is already digging into a piece as the front door opens, "Hello..." Hermione chirps from the entry way. "Come on in!" I yell back.

Jughead gives us a strange look as he watches them walk in together. FP seems to catch on, "We all went out to dinner tonight," he answers Jughead's silent question. He raises an eyebrow and nods finishing his pie, "Well, I'll let you guys get back to your...evening."

"Hey, will you check on Betty? Make sure everything's all right?" I ask him as he starts for the stairs. "Sure thing. I think she's fine—she was feeling fine for the majority of the day." That at least makes me feel a little bit better, but my instincts are telling me something is wrong.

"Is Betty sick?" Hermione asks, taking a piece of pie. "She came home with a stomach ache and went right upstairs to bed." FP slides a piece of pie over to Fred, "I'm sure she'll be just fine. Probably just caught the flu that's been going around—where were the kids today? Were they with Archie and Veronica?"

Fred nods, "Yeah, they were over here for awhile, but all of them took off around noon—I meant to ask you-- so how are they taking the news?" I groan, "Let me guess, were they expressing their displeasure about the situation?" He shakes his head, "No—actually they didn't bring it up at all."

I wonder why the kids haven't told their friends. I thought for sure that's the first thing they'd do—rant to their friends about how awful we are. FP breaks train of thought, "Hey—if you two get together our kids can start a support group!" My mouth drops open, "Oh my God, FP!" I scold him, but can't help from laughing. He and Fred are laughing hysterically and Hermione won't look up from her piece of pie, her face blushing. 

"Kids who date, whose parents date each other— that has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think, FP?" Fred jokes and that only causes the two of them to crack up even more. I roll my eyes, "You two are such children!" He wraps his arms around my middle resting his head on my shoulder, "It was funny and you know it!"