The Nursery: 2

As soon at Evie stepped into the house, Doug jumped out from behind the couch, startling her and nearly sending her falling on the floor. He rushed to hold her up as he grinned playfully and Evie smacked his arm. Then his legs. Then his chest. Then-

"Hey!" Doug defended half heartedly, "if you kill me you'll never get your surprise!"

Evie paused for a moment, before kicking him once for good measure, smirking, and then stopping.

Doug grinned and stood up. "Goddamn it, woman." He teased and Evie rolled ber eyes playfully.

"So what's the surprise?" Evie asked, blatantly excited.

Doug led her to the spare room nearest to their bedroom as he got ready to open the door. "Ready?"

Evie nodded as he uncovered her eyes.

A shriek pierced through the whole building as tears bled from Evie's eyes. She smiled her famous smile, that would make even Captain Hook stick his head in Tick Tock (A/N is that right?) just to see her laugh or smile.

"Thank you, Doug!" Evie cried through tears. Her hormones were really getting out of hand. "I love it!" She yelled, wrapping her hands around his neck the best she could with their little girl stuck in between.

"You think she'll like it?" Doug asked.

"Definitely." Evie replied as she caressed the white wooden rocking chair that donned comfortable quilts and pillows. Together, she and Doug worked to organise and place all the new clothes Evie had bought in the wardrobe as well as stocking up on the diapers and pacifiers near the changing table Carlos had put up. They lined the mattress with a new bedsheet Evie had bought, which was a baby pink, lying on the frame of the cot Jay had helped to build. 

At last, when everything was done, Evie placed her tattered childhood EQ plush that the Evil Queen had surely sewn for Evie as a narcissist while Doug arranged the photo frames, some empty and waiting for pictures of the room's owner and the rest with photos of her parents. There was one at a corner of the Evil Queen, another of Doug's parents, another of his uncles, and the last of Snow White. 

They stood at the doorframe admiring their work and Evie lay her head on his shoulder, hands on her stomach. Both Doug and Evie looked at each other, knowing what their partner was gonna say. "Perfect."