Two for the Price of One

Y/N POV

I grin giddily and pulled my new kitten close, "What should we name her?" I questioned, Jemmy thought for a moment, "How about Neve?" Jemmy asked. "What's that mean?" I mumbled, staring at the kitten.

"It means 'Snow' in Portuguese." I laughed lightly, "Very well, Neve it is... But she needs a bath." I giggled as the kitten licked my finger. Jemmy chuckled and nodded, I stood up and walked upstairs.

James followed behind me and I walked into the bathroom, turning on the tub and letting it fill just a little bit. James knelt down beside me and grins, I returned his smile happily.

I set the kitten in the tub and they mewed, scrambling to get out. James and I laughed as we attempted to keep her in. She meowed and leapt out and ran out, James and I giggled and chased after the kitten.

I grabbed the kitten and walked back to the bathroom, setting her down and holding her there. Once Neve relaxed I let her go and she sat there, letting us bathe her body; the black soot washed away to reveal pure white fur.

I smiled and pulled Neve our setting her down. She mewed what I imagine was thanks and trotted out. I hummed and stood up following the kitten out. Jemmy followed behind closely and snaked an arm around my waist.

"Tomorrow." I murmured absentmindedly, Jemmy tilted his head. I grin and looked at him, "Tomorrow. We'll go kitten shopping, tomorrow." I explained, "Alright." He returned my grin broadly.

:-: :-:

Jemmy's POV

I walked out the front door and glanced around, I noticed a flyer and curiosity got the best of me. I inched closer notice fit was a lost pet paper.. I stared in shock at the animal on the picture.

I sighed and grabbed it, turning and heading back inside. I found Y/N watching TV while she held the kitten, I frowned and paused the show.

"Y/N, look at this." I hand her the flyer and she stared in shock. "Wouldn't you want your cat back if you'd lost them?" I asked softly she pouted and nods. "Call them.. we'll return," she squints at the paper to see the cat's real name. "Cuddles." "What?" I asked. She laughed, "Not you, the kitten." She told me.

I let out a quiet 'oh' and began to dial the number.

"Hello?" A voice asked. "Hi, we've found your kitten, Cuddles." I told them. "Oh- Oh thank you! Our daughter hasn't been the same since we lost her... thank you so, so much!" I smiled at the thought. "You're welcome." "Our address is ____." They said. I told them we'll be over soon and hung up.

"Let's go." Y/N nodded and got up, we walked out the door and got into my car. I started the engine and drove off, Y/N was playing with the kitten the whole ride.

Eventually we came to a stop outside a small, but decently large house. I parked and pulled the keys out. Y/N and I got out of the car and walked up to the door.

Y/N knocked gently and sure enough, a woman with a little girl answered the door. Y/N smiled and hands Cuddles to her. "Thank you both so much! I-I don't know who's to repay you-" "No need." Y/N cut the woman off, the lady smiles and thanks us one last time before closing the door.

We got into the car and Y/N frowned, staring at her hands. I sighed and took one of hers in mine, "If you want, we can go to the pound or animal shelter." I murmured and kissed the back of her hand. Her face seemed to light up, "Really?" She asked excitedly, I chuckled. "Yes, really." "Yay!"

:-: :-:

Y/N POV

Jemmy parked in front of the pound and we got out. We walked inside with intertwined hands and almost instantly, I saw many, many animals. I frowned at the sight, these poor things.

I noticed two beautiful shepherds, their cages were across from each other. One was laying down and panting, the other was pacing.

I knelt down at looked at the black and silver shepherd, they were laying down and looked rather lonely

I knelt down at looked at the black and silver shepherd, they were laying down and looked rather lonely. I stuck a finger in the kennel and wave sit around, they lifted their head and looked at me with a slight wag from its tail.

I smiled as the dog licked my finger, I turned it the other one and it stopped pacing to look me in the eyes. They pushed their head against the cage and sowed me to scratch their head slightly.

"How long have they been here?" I heard Jemmy ask, I hummed and continued back and fourth between the shepherds. "Both of them arrived at the same time... so, about a month and a half?" I heard another voice.

Jemmy sighed, "How long do they have before you put them down?" He asked in a hushed voice. "They're being put down tomorrow if someone doesn't adopt them today." The person mumbled, I let out a small gasp.

Jemmy turned to me and gave a lopsided grin, "Do you want them?" He asked softly, I turned and looked at him in shock. "Seriously?!" I asked, more like squealed. "Yeah." He smiles. "I mean.. yeah." I grinned, Jemmy nodded and turned to the person. "We'll take them." He stated.

Th experiences nods and I could see they cared for animals and they didn't want these two to die. They led  for a moment before coming back with paperwork. James an I filled it out and they gave us some free leashes and collars, just because we bought them a day before they got out down.

It was about four hundred dollars for them both, they each cost two hundred dollars. We walked them out to the car and I opened the back door, both easily hopped in and sat down.

I grin and I clipped their leashes before getting in the front with Jemmy. "Thank you." I whispered, "Anything for you." He smiled and began to drive off.

:-: :-:

A/N: Sorry I didn't update in awhile. Also sorry if you got attached to the kitten.

But in the bright side, you got two dogs in return. So, I didn't want to choose their genders or names, so i'ma let all y'a fabulous people choose!

Two males

Two females

A male and a female

You can also choose their names or pick from the names I think you might like. But it depends if you want them or night. It's fine if you don't. I like your creative minds and names!

Apollo

Athena

Karma

Hades

Or Reader's choice

Love y'all!

                                      -Pepsi