I Found

A Phan oneshot based off a song lyric from a song that's been stuck in my head for two days. The song is called "I Found" if you wanna listen to it.

This is not really angsty it's more fluffy than anything else. No smut.

"I found love where it wasn't supposed to be"

"Right in front of me"

"Talk some sense to me"

Dan's pov

I fall deeper each day. Deeper in love with someone who will never love me back. Deeper into the void of existentialism. Deeper into my depression. Just deeper. 

But this is my life, living with my best friend that will never love me back.

I woke up in my bed. I rolled over and remembered today was the day. The day I was supposed to go on a date with my 'girlfriend'. I don't want to go. I don't even want to get out of bed. I heard a knock on my door. "Dan? If you're not up you need to get up. Or you're gonna be late!" Phil shouted. I sighed. I'd rather sit and watch a movie with Phil.

 I got up and walked out of my room and into the kitchen. Phil was standing there, with no shirt on. I fell deeper into my spiral of love and hate. Love for Phil, hate for myself. He reached up and grabbed a box of cereal out of the cupboard. A box of MY cereal. "Hey! That's mine." I said in defense of my breakfast. He turned seeing me and had a mouthful of the stuff already. "Oh, I didn't think you were up yet." He said over his full mouth. I giggled at his silliness. "Well I guess I caught you again." I said while brushing a hand through my curls. He was wearing his glasses, his hair already in a natural quiff, not to mention no shirt. God, he was beautiful. 'And you can never have him' the voice in my head said. I ignored it. "Dan? So what are you gonna wear to your date?" He asked me. I snapped out of my trance and looked away from his face. Right, the date. "Black probably.." I said trailing off. He sighed and said. "Well yeah, you always wear black." He stated while continuing to eat my cereal. I snatched the cereal box from him and poured myself a bowl and stuck the box back in the cupboard. I leaned against the counter pouring milk into my cereal. I grabbed a spoon and started to eat. "So, how have you two been?" He asked me, referring to me and Dottie. (A.N I couldn't think of a name so I used the crazy girls name from stranger things..) I didn't want to think or talk about her. "Good" I said eating my cereal now sitting on the counter. "Daaan, don't sit on the counter!" He teasingly reprimanded me. 'God, you can't do anything right' They said. "Shut up." I muttered under my breath. "Huh?" Phil asked. "Oh, nothing." I played it off. 

I took a shower and got dressed. I was sitting in the lounge, regretting everything. Well, not EVERYTHING, I don't regret anything to do with Phil. Except maybe falling in love with him. There was a knock at the door. Phil got it apparently. "Daaan! Dottie's here!" He yelled from the door. I got up and walked to the door. She was standing there smiling her blindingly bright smile. She was wearing a light purple lipstick and a dark blue fade to black dress that rested just above her knees. Her naturally wavy brown hair was flowing around her shoulders, and her purple heels complimented her lipstick. She was pretty, but not as pretty as Phil. "Are you ready?" She asked me, coming over and kissing my cheek first. I felt a break down coming on. I tensed and started to cry. "No." I whispered. "Oh, Danny! Don't cry over my beauty!" She joked. She can't call me that, only Phil calls me that. I put my face in my hands as if trying to hide from the world. I was leaning against the wall and I slid down it. Someone wrapped their arm around me in a comforting manner. I tried to push them away weakly thinking it was Dottie. "Shh, it's alright Dan." Phil said. I recognized his voice and leaned into his touch. I began to cry harder. "Maybe you should go." Phil said, a slight bit of protectiveness in his voice. "Uhm, no? He's my boyfriend and we have a date to get to!" She said sassily. I hate fighting. Phil seemed mad. "Well, maybe your /boyfriend/ needs a minute." He snapped emphasizing the word 'boyfriend'. I clung to Phil, wishing that Dottie would just go away. "Guh, well I'm just going to go home. Also, don't talk to me ever again Danny Boi!" She said as she slammed the door. Thank God she left. Phil adjusted so he was sitting next me and holding me. "Its okay. Do you wanna get some take-away and watch a movie?" He asked. I nodded. "That would be perfect." I said quietly while wiping away tears.

I was watching a movie and eating junk food snuggled up to Phil under a blanket with a Totoro plushie in my arms. I was also wearing one of Phil's sweatshirts. I could smell him, on the sweatshirt, on the blanket, on him himself. I inhaled deeply and sighed. I could stay here forever. "Hey Dan?" Phil turned towards me and asked. "Hmm?" I hummed back. "C-can I t-tell you something?" He asked stuttering slightly. Odd, he doesn't stutter very often unless tripping over his words. "Sure?" I told him with a questioning tone. "I, I um-" he started. He shifted in his seat. "I- Ilikeyou." He blurted out too fast to understand. He was blushing royally. "What? Slow down." I said not understanding what he said. "I like you." He said slower. It was my turn to blush now. I just sat there in shocked silence like an idiot. "I knew you didn't like me, I'm so dumb." He said starting to get up. "No wait! I like you too!" I said as I caught his wrist and pulled him back down. "Oh" he said simply as I sighed. I leaned over and kissed him, on the lips. He kissed back almost instantly. We pulled apart as I giggled. "Heh, I love you." I said, fully love struck. He seemed surprised but looked me in the eyes and said. "I love you too, Daniel Howell."

One thousand words. Was that cute? I hope so, I tried my best. I hope I didn't make Dan too overdramatic... I encourage and love comments! I hope you are having a good day or night wherever you are. I wish upon you... a million cats! (Unless you're allergic, like me. I still love them though..)

- CatEaredGirl