King Again - Troy/Will

TW: suicide and mentions of suicide, mentions of panic attacks

"You're alone, you're on your own."

Will, a shy kid, always sat alone at lunch after his friends abandoned him. They abandoned him because he was a "fairy".

"So what, have you gone blind? Have you forgotten what you have and what is yours?"

But, he had one person. His boyfriend, Troy.

"Glass half empty, glass half full. Well either way you won't be going thirsty. Count your blessings not your flaws"

Will convinces Troy that everything's alright. That he loves him. 

"You've got it all, you've lost your mind in the sound"

Troy has panic attacks, shaking and crying. But Will is there, he's always there. Sometimes Troy feels like he lost his mind in the thoughts he gets because of his depression.

"There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown"

Troy and Will make new friends in highschool. Their highschool had a LGBTA+ club. They made new friends.

"You're in control, rid of the monsters inside your head"

With Will's help, Troy told his older brother Steve about his depression. Steve got him help.

"Put all your faults to bed, you can be king again"

Troy got better, but suddenly got worse.

"You don't get what all this is about, you're too wrapped up in your self doubt"

Troy didn't understand, he couldn't understand. Will was spending more and more time away from him.

"You've got that young blood, set it free"

Will was spending more time enjoying his own life. He thought Troy was better.

"You've got it all, you've lost your mind in the sound"

Will spent time with Rose, a trans friend of his. Or with James, a pansexual guy they met.

"There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown"

He knew he could spend a bit more time with Troy, yet he didn't. He enjoyed his freedom.

"You're in control, rid of the monsters inside your head"

Will felt suffocated if cooped up for too long, but Troy never wanted to go out.

"Put all your faults to bed, you can be king"

Will didn't think he was flawed, had a good self image. But Troy began to think otherwise. Troy hated himself for thinking such things.

"There's no method in my madness"

Once Will realized, it was too late. 

"There's no logic in your sadness"

Troy felt as if he was not needed.

"You don't gain a single thing from misery"

Troy Harrington committed suicide on November eighteen. Will felt as if he didn't do enough. 

"Take it from me"

Will Byers joined Troy on December sixth, unable to cope without him.

"You've got it all, you've lost your mind in the sound"

"There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown"

"You're in control, rid of the monsters inside your head"

"Put all your faults to bed"

"You can be king again"

450 words

Yeah, sad. I just can't not write angst can I? 

- CatEaredGirl