II: No One Could Save Me But You

A/N: Hello everyone; back again, this time with another chapter (surprising, I know); but I'm so inspired at the moment, and this story is the cause. Anyway, enough rambling, please enjoy this chapter.

//

The last thing she saw before blacking-out; was a pair of piercing green-eyes.

//

Audrey awoke with a gasp; her breath back in short gasps, the sound a constant wheeze. Her lungs burned as she began to cough; spluttering about. Once she had calmed, Audrey's eyes darted around the room she currently lay within. It was dull and drab; a single table next to the open-window, however, the smell of destruction still lingered in the air. She glanced down at her bed and closed her eyes once more; remembering the events that had just taken place. Michael was dead. The Kremlin was gone; this surely wouldn't have gone down well back at Langley. She could imagine Hunley now, pacing about, shouting orders at any poor soul that would listen.

Where in the world was she?

Was Michael alright, if not, was he still alive?

Audrey shivered involuntarily; trying to wish the dark, almost depressing thoughts away. She groaned loudly, feeling a dull pain spread through her body; the impact of the fall, she quickly presumed. Closing her eyes once more, Audrey decided that sleep would probably help; however, this didn't last for too long. A loud-crash caused Audrey to re-open her eyes; she focused her attention upon the noise, and the intruder.

A man stood in the doorway, the hospital gown he wore appeared to be hanging off his sculpted, yet lean figure. He frantically ventured further into the room; his brown hair beginning to fall over his face. As he did enter, however, Audrey froze; she recognized this man, and his piercing green-eyes. She sat up further in the bed, watching the man close the door behind him and stagger over to Audrey's bed. The pair watching each other, both with the same lucid fascination.

"It's-It's you." She stammered, still in shock. "You saved me, how-?"

The man leaned against the bed, resting his body and groaned tiredly; but made sure to keep his gaze upon Audrey.

"What's your name?" Audrey tried cautiously.

"Ethan Hunt." He replied nonchalantly.

Ethan Hunt. Of course, Audrey knew the name; she'd be stupid not to. He was infamous around the CIA, most of the operatives that worked amongst them hated him; they hated the way he operated and evaded the 'bad guys', but not before catching them of course. Audrey often thought that Ethan was more of a hero, then a villain; but she dare not share them, as the consequences would be awful.

Pushing the covers away from her and swinging her legs off the bed, Audrey stood, albeit shakily. She reached for her clothes; which sat on the table by the window. Ethan watched her do this. He moved to stand, occasionally glancing at the door; knowing the Russian Police would be here any second.

"What's your name?" Ethan countered carefully.

"Audrey, Audrey Dunn." She replied quietly.

At the word 'Dunn', Ethan stood straighter; standing to his full height. He began to stretch out his limbs, still maintaining his watch of the hallway outside. Ethan smiled at Audrey, albeit his face a little strained. He then, to give his new acquaintance a sliver of privacy, turned away; opting to stare at the door. Audrey noticed this and smirked, at least he was a gentleman.

"Well then, Audrey, Audrey Dunn; it's nice to finally meet you."

Audrey's eyebrows shot up in surprise; how did Ethan Hunt know about her? She was often one to keep a low profile, realizing that in times like these, it usually worked in her favour. Removing the drab-hospital gown and shrugging on her jeans, Audrey looked around; searching for her shirt. Spotting it on the chair, she grasped it quickly and slid it over her head; wincing as it brushed over her stomach-bruises. Audrey glanced in Ethan's direction and smirked, watching as the Agent fidgeted, anxiously peering through the window.