Part 19

Chapter 19

Hiccup momentarily excused himself when Ruffnut announced a small intermission. "I'll be right back." he told Astrid who merely nodded and was now wearing the feather boa Dagur had draped over her shoulders during one of the acts. Hiccup quickly made his way over to the bar where the twins were shoving some papers at Snotlout. "Hiya Hiccup!" Tuffnut greeted innocently.

"What are you guys trying to pull here?" Hiccup hissed in a low voice.

"Relax Hiccy!" Ruffnut giggled.

"Are you drunk?" Hiccup raised a brow when he looked at Ruff. It wasn't a lot of times he heard that woman giggle.

"Ruff's been planning this all day." Tuffnut told him. "It's scary how she got all this organized so quickly........ And she might have had one too many mimosas."

"I love you brother dearest!" Ruffnut exclaimed causing Tuffnut to make a fake gagging motion.

"See what I mean." Tuff said as he took a step back from his twin.

"I see." Hiccup stated. "I also see more than half the town trying to play matchmaker."

"Well what do you expect" Tuffnut shrugged. "We were all waiting for you to make a move on Astrid. This is just helping you along."

"Have you ever considered that Astrid might not want to date me?"

"If you believe that you need to head to the loony bin." Heather said as she approached them. "I've known the little bat for more than a century. You're so very much her type."

"Be that as it may........ And I really do want to ask her out....." Hiccup ran a hand through his hair as he let out a sigh "don't you think that this is moving too fast? She just broke up with Henry. Who's to say she's even ready for another relationship."

"You mean she nearly strangled him and almost drained him like a blood bag." Tuffnut stated casually. "We know, we were there."

"Kudos!" Ruffnut smiled as she watched the group.

"Sis maybe I should handle the next introduction." Tuffnut mumbled.

Ruffnut huffed "You don't have any womanly flair!"

"I do too!............ Wait what?" Tuffnut had gotten confused at this point.

"Look Hiccy....." Ruffnut pointed her finger at his chest and poked him a couple of times. "Get your behind over there and ask her to dance. Especially this next number." She then grabbed the microphone on the bar before adding "You'll never know unless you make a move." The group shooed him back to the table and when he saw Astrid again he looked rather nervous.

"What's wrong?" Astrid asked.

"Well.....eh.........uhm......"

"Is it that the town is playing matchmaker?"

"You knew?" Hiccup asked.

Astrid held back a chuckle "It's kinda hard not to, especially with their choice of songs."

"I swear I had no idea they were going to do this."

"Oh, I know." Astrid winked at Hiccup causing a blush to creep back up on his cheeks. "You wouldn't have been blushing that badly when your father was performing. And I'm also not against the idea of us dating."

"You aren't?!" Hiccup nearly squeaked out.

"Well I do like you and you did confess that you would have asked me out if Henry hadn't beaten you to it." Astrid told him. "You've been there for me, and while I do need some time to deal with my recent breakup I don't see a problem with us getting to know each other a bit more intimately."