36

"Bianca, we talked about this already," my mom said putting her hands on her hips. "You are spending Christmas with him," she ordered. "Someday you will thank me for this, he is your father," she added to finish her long speech. 

I didn't say anything, my mom and I always got along, but ever since my so-called father came we have been disagreeing on everything. I didn't see how I would thank her someday for forcing me to go to the house of a stranger. I did not know what benefit she got out of this. My mom sighed making me look back up to her, "I'm sorry that you don't like this, honey," she said. She reached over to place her hand on my cheek something she used to do a lot when I was younger and I pulled away. She looked into my brown eyes and walked out of my room. A tear fell down my face and I quickly wiped it away.

A car door being closed brought my attention to the window, I looked outside and spotted CJ. He must've just came home from work, I was surprised that he actually drove there. He passed his hands through his dark hair and walked inside the place. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and ran down the stairs. "Bianca, where are you going?" My mom asked from the living room when she heard me open the door.

"Nowhere," I answered her slamming the door. I walked across the street ringing the doorbell as soon as I got there. I waited a few seconds until the door was opened, it was his mom. I gave her a smile, "hi," she gave me a bright smile back. "How are you doing?" I questioned her.

"I am doing fine, thank you," she said with much enthusiasm, I guess she was doing okay today. 

"That's great," I replied. I put my hands inside the pocket of my hoodie feeling awkward.

"You didn't come here just to ask how my old self was doing," she joked, "CJ is upstairs," she opened the door wider and I slid in. I mouthed her a thank you and walked up the stairs. I only had been up there once, but this was technically just like my house. The door of his room was slightly opened, I stood at the doorframe observing him as he lay on his bed. His hands were under his head and he was simply staring at the ceiling. 

He had taken his uniform off because he was just in a tank top and his boxers, I liked that view. I shook the thought out, "am I invited in your watch the ceiling program or is that a personal thing?" I asked, he quickly turned and looked at me. 

He smiled, "definitely not personal," he replied, "what are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "Kind of wanted to see you, now that I saw you, I think I should go."

"Come in," he told me. I walked into his room for the first time. I stood there looking down at my feet, "you can sit," he told me. I looked around, he had no chairs in his room. That was really weird, I had a chair in my room. It was not fancy but sometimes I preferred to sit and look out the window. I guess I had no other choice than to sit on the bed. I took a seat at the edge looking at him now seated. "Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you," he told me. 

I nodded my head, "when we first met, you literally said I might be a serial killer, you got me detention simply because you couldn't keep your mouth shut so now, what has changed?" He asked me, I raised my eyebrows. "I just mean that you are nervous around me now," he added. I didn't say anything to answer his question. When I first met him, there was not something in my heart constantly trying to impress him or anything. He was just like everyone else and I was not afraid of what he thought of me and now I do. 

He gave me a smile and lied his head back on the bed, "your mom still forcing you to go spend Christmas with your dad?" He asked me, I nodded my head. "If you don't want to go, don't go."

"I never disobeyed my mom before," I answered him.

"Wow, Bianca Jackson has never disobeyed her mommy. Now that's surprising."