45

"I can't believe the garage isn't done with my car," I said as we walked through the mall.

"I don't see why you're complaining, I'm the one having to drive around your crazy ass," Justin replied. I smacked his arms gently. "Why do you need a new ball?" He asked me.

"The other one went up to my roof, buying a new one seems easier than getting it down," I told him. I had no time to try and get it down. "Plus I thought I would need a ball of my own when I move," he shook his head.

"Give me a sec, I'm thirsty and I need to get a drink," he said pointing at the store in front of us.

"Okay, I will be at Sporty's," Sporty's sold anything related to sports. Clothes, equipment, it even did physicals. "Get me something to drink also," I said as I watched him walk into the store. I sighed and started walking across to my destination. I paused when I noticed him, I closed my eyes and told myself to get it together. I saw him almost every day, he had moved, but we still had lunch and two classes together.

Despite how much I encountered him, it was still hard to see him knowing we were nothing like I wanted. This time was different though, he was talking to a girl. I wonder what he was doing here, I mentally slapped myself, it was a mall, he had a right to be here. He stood a few feet away from me, his hands were inside his pockets. He was in nothing more than a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, he still looked hot as hell. He stared attentively at the girl as she spoke, he then replied. The girl touched his chest gently and he smiled, why didn't I know this girl?

Unfortunately, I could not say I wasn't jealous because the truth is I was. I wanted to be the one to touch him, he looked down one second making his hair fall over his face. He took his hand out of his pocket and got his hair away from his face, that's when he noticed me. He stared at me longer than necessary, he probably thought I was creepy for standing there and staring at him.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I quickly turned around, "you're being creepy," Justin said handing me my drink. "Why are you staring at him?" He questioned. I shook my head not wanting to answer him.  "Come on, let's go get your ball," he said.

"Do you know her?" I asked Justin. He looked behind me at the girl.

"Yeah, that's Ana, she used to go to our school, but she transferred to this charter school that's supposed to help her for college or something."

"Oh," I said. "So, she's smart?" I inquired. It was not much a question, it was more like a statement. He nodded his head, "what's with the stupid hair color?" I questioned. Her long hair was rainbow, I had to admit it did look good, but doesn't mean I had to like it.

"What's' wrong with her hair?" Justin asked, "I like it, shows her wild baddy side," I gave him a death glare, "yeah, it's horrible," he said. "I don't know what she was thinking," I smiled, he was such a great friend sometimes. 

"Are they friends?" I asked Justin. I quickly turned around to see them still standing there and talking. 

"I don't know, why don't you ask him?" I pouted my lips, he sighed and shook his head. "I suppose, we've all been going to the same school since we were kids plus she's smart and bad. Christopher has a thing for girls like that," I pushed him gently. That did not make me feel better, "Bianca, all you're doing is obsessing over a guy and that's not you. You're Bianca, you no longer care about him because he decided to end it. It's his loss," I wish it was that simple, he was the first guy I actually care about it. "Don't worry, you'll be moving soon and you will forget about a stupid guy named Christopher."

"Yeah," I said barely in a whisper. I turned around and looked at him one more time. He looked at me also, the girl turned around this time looking at me. She smiled and started walking towards us. Oh God, what was she about to say?

"Justin Thompson," she said looking at Justin as if she had not seen him for years. "It's been what?" She asked. 

"Two years," Justin replied, "what are you doing here?" It was a mall, she had the right to be here.

"You mean the mall?" She asked, "well, that's where young people come, don't they?" She added.

"True," Justin said shaking his head. 

"Chris!" She waved at Christopher from the other side. He walked towards us, "look who I found," she said. She had a nickname for him? I huffed shaking my head.

"Yeah, hey Justin," he said. I find it funny that the only person they both noticed was Justin. It was as if I was invisible. Justin gave them both a small smile. "Ana, we should get going," he said. 

"Yes, it was nice to see you again Justin. I might see you for prom again. Can't wait," she smiled.

"Prom?" Justin asked reading my mind, "but you don't go to our school, you can't come unless you get invited."

"I know, but my school does not have a prom. Chris invited me, isn't he so sweet?" Justin nodded his head. "Have to go, bye," I watched as they both walked away. I felt like a fool above anything else.

"I'm sorry," Justin told me. I nodded my head.

"Let's go get the ball," I told him deciding not to comment on what just happened.

'''''''

"AP exams are tomorrow guys, you've all worked so hard all year," Ms. Brun said as the class came close to an end. "Good luck on the test tomorrow and just know we are going to throw a party once this is all over," everyone laughed. The bell rung and one by one everyone left the classroom. I walked towards her desk, "how can I help you, Ms. Jackson?" She asked me not even looking up.

"I'll do the speech," I told her. She nodded her head giving me a smile. I then walked out of the classroom. CJ was standing by the door, I smiled and continued.

"Bianca," he called me. I froze and took a deep breath. I did not want him to talk to me, it would make everything worse. I'm afraid I would break down into tears the moment he opened his mouth. Despite that, I turned around with a smile like everything was okay. "Um... about yesterday," he started.

"You don't owe me an explanation," I quickly stopped him. "Have fun at prom," I forced a smile on my face and walked away.