Don't Let Me Go

A/N: Here is yet another new VK fanfic, this time featuring a god!Zero who is very OOC in a more playful/teasing/sexual manner than his usual broody self. This story centers on romance (of course), mostly on KaZe, though there will definitely be Kaize and Zero/Ichiru as well as Kaname being very frustrated with his desire for Zero and childhood promise to Yuki. Not to mention an OC pureblood by the name of Kinro Raiden who is definitely more than he appears. As for our main antagonist... let's just say Rido is going to be getting some help from the god of death who Zero may have made the mistake of slighting in a previous life. There will be more to the story as I'm still outlining, so if there is something you want to see, feel free to PM me your suggestions! Anyway, on with chapter one! Enjoy :)

The spectral city was awash in shadows, encompassed lovingly with darkness- voices of those long departed clinging to every broken pithos and overturned child's toy, spinning tales of joy, of deceptions long forgotten, and wars forever seeking to be reignited.

The woman recognized the city as well as she had the last time she had stepped foot within it's bounds- though then it had been bathed in the cheerful light of day and she had been beloved by all its citizens, worshipped as she truly was- a goddess among shallow men.

Though had they lived to see her enter via the decrepid highway where not a single mortal soul dared tread she knew none would have looked at her with welcome- she was unrecognizable in this form, equally as beautiful as she had been then but achingly different to her first embodiment.

"What life is there, what delight, without golden Aphrodite?"

Mimnermus' words dance in her mind like a taunt and she pulls tight her veil as she heads in toward the city center- most of the buildings falling to shambles without the care of its lost citizens.

Laughter echoes in her ears as she finds herself on the grounds of where her temple once stood and she sighs softly into the aimless breeze as she scans the toppled marbled stones and broken statues made in her honor.

But she is not here to wallow in bittersweet sorrow at what was lost but to reclaim that which she held most dear.

Stretching out a quivering hand, she whispers a soft prayer to whomever may be most kind and the ground beneath her feet begins to tremble as the earth reveals the stone coffins of her most beloved sons.

Icharus.... Zerod.... My loves.

She gasps as the coffins open with sharp crashes, revealing her children to her eyes for the first time in thousands of years.

She glances at both of their faces, identical in each and every way, their skin still aglow with golden life, bright even in death's grip.

She remembers Icharus's mischievous laughter as he led his elder brother into a game set from the beginning to end with his victory.

She remembers Zerod's desire to win not through violence but through his enemies laying down their weapons in displays of love in his name.

How Icharus would growl at any who dare lay a hand on his brother in a show of possession.

And Zerod's soft sigh as he would soothe his younger brother's fears.

My boys... how could I leave them here for so long?

She wiped away her tears and gave a shuddering breath before steeling herself-no more, she swore, they will walk at my side for as long as I draw breath.

"I have played my part, Aphrodite."

"My thanks, Ares."

A faint growl echoed behind her from the god who wore mortal turned vampire flesh.

"Your thanks mean nothing to me, goddess of love. They are my children as well, do not forget that."

She sighed and nodded, "I have laid the foundation for their mortal incarnations."

He grunted, displeased with who she had chosen to 'sire' their children in this new life of theirs.

"The Moirae cannot be argued with." She muttered, careful not to curse the Fates as she did so.

Ares grunted once more.

"Atropos said they won't remember until their fifteenth birthday."

"I'll count down the days. Their brothers will do the same." Ares sighed and Aphrodite nodded.

Phobos and Deimos loved their younger twin brothers as if they were quadruplets and not two separate sets.

"Well," She said after a moment of silence, glancing over her shoulder with glassy cherry blossom eyes at the god of war.

"Let us begin."

A/N: Second chapter will be immediately uploaded after this one.