Chapter 33

Yin: Do you blame me?

Y/n: Yes, I do blame you.

Yin: doesn't mean we should get a detention!! 😒 I'm sorry baby girl

Y/n: yeah yeah, I hear you. At least we'll have it together.
Y/n: did you do Ms. Gains essay?

Yin: really? You asked me of all people?
Yin: haven't even started it 🙂

Y/n: oml Yin, fine, I'll text someone else.

Yin: Did you expect more from?
Yin: We both know by now that I don't do work.
Yin: I don't 'meet expectations' I'm a failure.

Y/n: ME

You shut off your phone momentarily, throwing it on your bed to be met with a small thud. Toffee sat a little farther back, in the middle of the bed, watching you as you moved to the closet.

It was late at night at the moment and since you had done everything needed for school, you figured you would take a relaxing shower. Nothing beats a shower at the end of a long day, that's for sure. Especially after a certain red head earned you both detention by making you late, no surprise at all. You could care less what he does, or if he wants to be in trouble but why did he have to drag you into it? Half of the detentions he burdened himself with, you were there for anyway, but you didn't like the fact that the teacher probably disliked you now.

Shifting through the drawer, you found a suitable pair of pajamas to sleep in. The shirt was large and pink with cute bunny faces printed all over it, with some shorts to match it. Comfy!

Usually, you would sleep in just underwear and a long shirt, but you saw it at a store a few months ago and couldn't resist. The cute pattern caught your eye, but the luxurious fabric lead you to buy it.

Taking the clothing off the hangers, you hung them over you arm and shut the closet door. You began to hum softly to yourself while walking towards the already running water. The smell of clean water and soap filled your nose, the scent soothing you slightly. If only everyday life smelled like this constantly, either this or laundry detergent.

Setting your clothes on the closed toilet seat, you swiftly ran and grabbed your phone, scrolling through your messages. As you scanned all the names, you found the one you were looking for almost instantly.

Y/n: Hey... Have you done Ms. Gains essay?

Enton: Nearly, don't have much left.
Enton: Why?

Y/n: Can you read mine and see how good it sounds??

Enton: Nah, your competition for best grade. 😈

Y/n: Enton...
Y/n: Please??

Enton: Nope.

Y/n: Why?😔

Enton: I'm still upset with you for sharing my no bake fruit tart cake.

Y/n: lmao, big baby, get over yourself.

You quickly scrambled to grab your binder that contained a majority of the work from school, including the essay that was due in two days. Yeah, torture. Fortunately, you finished it beforehand to get some feedback on it prior to turning it in. just in case you needed to make a few corrections.