Chapter 4

2537 words

"Hey guys" I said as I walked into the student lounge, quickly pulling my hand away from Jughead's as I remembered that we hadn't told Arch and B yet. Luckily they hadn't noticed. "Hey guys, I was Just in the middle of saying that now that romance is off the table are we %100 sure Archie is straight?" Kevin said. Me and Jug sat down, "Because no strait man has that body" He continues. "Speaking of bodies, have you recovered from finding Jason's, Oh crap do y/n and Juggie know you were the one who found it?!" Betty says. I hated when she called him Juggie.

"well-" "Actually, I was there with Kevin after he found it, betty" I say cutting Kevin off and slightly raising my voice. "oh.." she said. "Anyways, it was more traumatizing having to explain to my what I was doing with Moose at the river. Yet another perk of being the sheriffs son."

********

"Jug I am so lucky to have you" I say as we walk down the hallway. Since we had made the decision not to tell Archie and Betty we weren't able to hold hands. "I'm luckier to have you" He said smirking at me. "Good morning students," we heard over the loud speaker "This is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally.
So let me state clearly, it is happening, as scheduled. Now, on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller." Mr. Weatherbee finished his sentence before giving the microphone to the sheriff.

"Most of you already know the details but your classmate Jason Blossoms body was found late Saturday night. So as of the weekend Jason death is being treated as a homicide," "And may I interject neither I nor my parents will rest until Jason's death is avenged, and his cold-blooded killer is walking the green mile to sit in old sparky and fry. I for one has my suspicions, #riverdalestrong" Cheryl says interrupting the sheriff. "If you know anything that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer. Or anything about what happened to Jason on July fourth, I strongly urge you to come forward immediately. You can speak to me or principal Weatherbee." Sheriff Keller finishes his sentence as the loud speaker message ends.

"Hey I'll be right back, I have to go talk to Archie really quick, meet you in science?" Jug says. "sure" I say smiling as he walks over to Archie slowly, almost as if trying to make a point.

********

"seats everyone" the science teacher says. I had already been in my seat in the back of the class with Jug. "Pair off, gloves on, scalpels up." She says. Me and Jug don't even need to look at each other, we just know we will be partners. "So I'm guessing Im doing this project while you hold the scalpel for me when I'm not using it, and you pretend to be helping" He says. "you know that's exactly what I was thinking." I say. I smile as he grips my hand under the table.

********

"you know were supposed to be at lunch Mr. Jones" I say as he grabs my hand running through the empty hallway. Everyone else was already at lunch so we didn't really need to be worried about being seen by betty or Arch. Jug opens an abandoned classroom and sets me on one of the tables.

He smashes his lips into mine. "Jug the cameras!" I say backing up. "you see that camera." He asks pointing to one that was in the corner, "obviously Jug" I say. "If it was on the light would be flashing green, instead its not flashing. And trust me I did my research. That camera is not on" he says "Oh my handsome handyman, what would I do without you" I say connecting our lips again.

********

"Hey pops!" I say as me and Jug walk into the chock- lit shoppe after school. "kids," he says. Me and Jug go to our normal booth in the back of the diner. "I think the coast is clear" Jug says "wait what?" I ask, "Well the only person from our school here is Veronica and she already knows about us so we can finally act like a real couple in public" he says "Oh really?" I say pulling him into a kiss. "E'hem" Veronica says from the end of the booth. We stop kissing as she says "Wow you guys were.... really.... distracted" She says. "Veronica," I say letting out a sigh.