Chapter 23

This is picking up from where we were in the last chapter so if you need a refresher go read the end of the last chapter...thanks!!

2921 words

We sit, huddled together, for a while. Makeup and tears running down my face. And a look of pure confusion and controversy on Jughead's.

"Y/n...I love you so much. I never meant to hurt you. Hell, I didn't even want to be with Betty. I was kind of...forced into it. And to be completely honest...I have no idea what me and Betty even are." Jughead says.

"She's good for you Jug. She will keep you out of trouble...meanwhile I will just drag you into it. I need to learn how to keep my feelings from you. I can't just keep breaking down like this." I say finally coming to my senses.

I slowly start to stand up, Jughead releasing me from his arms. "No. You don't need to hide anything from me." He says. "Don't you get it! I'm dragging you into this!" I say putting emphasis on 'dragging'. "I'm gonna ruin you! Don't you understand?!? I'm. Trouble." I say viciously pointing at my chest.

"Don't you get it!?!?! I'm not the girl next door. I'm not good. I don't wear high pony's and go cheer for the fucking football team. I'm damaged." I yell, tears streaming down my face.

"And you think that I'm perfect?! You aren't the only one that's damaged y/n! And you should know that I'm not looking for a perfect girl next door!" Jughead yells back. "Aren't you!?" I ask.

"I...I need to get home. Can we forget this? Please?" I ask. "Y-Yeah...I'm sorry..." he says. "Me too..." I say before walking away. I get into my truck and drive away, before I caused anymore problems. I drive home, consumed by my own thoughts. When I get home I immediately get in the shower to wash off everything that just happened. Why do I have to love him so much?

(A/N thing...ummm so here is the inspiration for the apartment...just so you have something to picture...🙂

Main room/living room:

Kitchen (which is connected to the main room/living room btw):