Chapter 2

Looking out of the window of the car her papa was constantly being driven around Paris in, Emma could see the large shape of the Agreste mansion coming into view in the distance.

Biting her nails because of her building feelings of anxiety, she tries to take a deep breath and not worry about all of the possible situations that could happen if this went wrong. She knows how her grandpa used to act and she hoped she'd never had to see him that way but now here she is.

"Emma, are you okay?" Adrien asks, a look of worry etched across his face.

Emma shakes her head and stops biting her nails. "What if this all goes horribly wrong papa. I could mess up and he wouldn't believe me and I'd be forced to live out on the streets until I can find a way back home!" She freaks out, gripping the side of her head as she stops rambling.

Adrien smiles at his future daughter, her rambling reminding him of a certain blue eyed classmate. But as soon as the idea of her being his future daughter's mother arrives, it disappears.

"You'll be fine, Emma. I won't let anything bad happen to you." He reassures, placing a hand on her shoulder as she begins to smile once again.

The car stops as they reach the front of the mansion, the large metal gates closing behind them with a slight squeak at the hinges.

Adrien's bodyguard, dubbed 'the gorilla' by her papa if Emma had remembered correctly, opened the car door for them and Emma finally sees the huge, looming front doors of the mansion ahead of her, the entire building now in full view.

She gulps as she gets out of the car, her papa right behind her. He places a hand on her shoulder and smiles before pushing the front door open and holding it so that she can pass through.

When they walk inside, Emma sees that her grandpa, Gabriel Agreste, is already stood waiting for them on the staircase, the large height giving him a further sense of superiority over the two of them.

"I had a call from the school explaining the situation at hand." He states but both teens know that that actually means Nathalie had answered the call and briefly informed Mr Agreste of the purpose of the call afterwards.

His eyes seem to scan over Emma in the same way that her father's had earlier that day, looking as if her was trying to inspect that her story was true and that she wasn't just another one of Adrien's devoted fans trying to make their way into the mansion by any means possible.

But seeing her uncanny resemblance to his son and his beloved missing wife, he considers that there may be some truth to her story.

"You may stay here as long as you need to. I trust that you will behave sensibly and not do anything to tarnish the family name." He decides and walks down the stairs and into his office, Nathalie following closely behind.

"Well he took it better than I though he would." Her papa says, grinning as he takes her by the hand and leads her up the large staircase.

He takes her to a door which he pushes open to reveal an overly large room with a climbing wall, basketball hoop, foosball table and even a library.

"Welcome to my room!" He shouts, leaving her to gape at all of the stuff he has from her spot near the doorway.

She had heard that her papa had had a big room when he was younger but she never thought that they meant it was this big!

Scanning the lower floor, she sees what looks to be old arcade machines along one wall and many fencing trophies in a case.

"Is that Dance Dance Revolution?!" She asks excitedly as she runs past her papa and towards the arcade machine, a big smile forming on her face.