14 & 16

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 - 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When Cassie turned fourteen, she got a call from Finn's mother asking her if she could stop by their house.

Apparently, Finn wasn't feeling well. He refused to see Iris and his friends, and he barely left bed.

"He always told you everything. Could you stop by? I don't know what happened."

.

The curtains were drawn and Finn was curled around himself in bed. He looked small, so small.

"Hey, loser. It's me. I heard you're being lame," said Cassie.

Finn was awake but he didn't respond.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Cassie climbed into bed with him, and her brows instantly furrowed when she saw Finn's glassy eyes.

He looked so sad.

"I don't know," said Finn.

"Is it Iris? Did something happen with her?"

"No."

"What is it then?"

"Cassie, I think something's wrong with me," Finn whispered.

Cassie couldn't help it. She reached out and pushed his hair away from his forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want to be alive anymore. I'm so tired of everything."

Cassie had never seen Finn so sad, so down. Sure, Cassie got moody sometimes, but it was nothing compared to the despair in Finn's voice.

It broke her heart. It really did. Cassie had no idea what was wrong, but she knew that she wanted to fix it.

"What do you mean you don't want to be alive? What kind of emo crap?" she managed, very nervously.

"Cassie, I'm serious."

"Okay. Uh, did you tell your mother?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"She'll freak out," said Finn. "I'm no longer too excited about everything all the time."

"Are you supposed to feel sad when you have ADHD?" said Cassie.

"I don't know."

"Are you still being treated for that?"

"I don't fucking know. I don't take pills anymore. I don't know. I just want to sleep." Finn sounded frustrated and tired and sad, so sad.

"Hey!" Cassie held his face in his hands and Finn closed his eyes. "You're not allowed to disappear or whatever. Do you hear me?"

Cassie then laid down on the bed next to him and pulled him into her chest.

"Stay with me?" Finn whispered into her neck.

"Okay."

"Please don't tell mom," Finn begged.

"Okay."

.

Cassie stayed the entire weekend. She only left Finn's room to tell his mother that he was okay, and that it was just silly stuff with his girlfriend Iris.

But she couldn't help but feel like she was doing the wrong thing. Finn sounded really bad. He almost sounded like her own mother.

Ugh. No. Finn isn't fucking crazy.

.

She slept in his bed for three nights. They weren't touching but Cassie wanted to.

So on Sunday night, Cassie pressed her chest against Finn's back then wrapped her arms around his waist. It was ridiculous because she was so much smaller than Finn.

I will hold you until you feel better.

Finn got diagnosed with depression not too long after that. And Cassie felt like the world was ending.