1

"Boooooyahhhhhhhhhh!" Pearl's cry pierced through the air, as a giant pink beam shot from the Killer Wail.

Marina nearly dropped her laptop as she clenched her ears, wincing at the high volume.

The pink beam collided with Tartar's beam and was fighting for control.

Come on! You got this Pearlie! She cheered silently as she closed her eyes.

The telephone's goo was just about to overpower the pink beam but Pearl pushed her voice to max, causing the beam to push forward, hitting the statue.

Green goo flew everywhere once it made contact. Some landed on the helicopter, while most landed in the deep blue water.

Marina felt something wet hit her arm. She opened her eyes, removing her hands from her ears to see what fell on her. However she spotted nothing on her arm. Strange...

Shaking her head, she looks down from the helicopter to see Pearl slightly panting. The inkling looked exhausted but she wore a giant grin on her face.

Marina's eyes grew teary as she widely smiled in joy. She hopped out of the helicopter and landed on the platform, in front of Pearl.

Pearl's grin grew bigger as she held out her arms to her partner. Marina launched herself at the inkling, hugging her with all her might. "Pearlie!"

Pearl chuckled softly. Her laughs were cut short as she lost her balance, pulling both idols to the ground. "A-Ah! Rina!" She croaked out, her voice rough from her great shout. "I-I cant-" She tried to speak, thrashing around from underneath the Octoling.

Marina didn't hear the girl as she placed many kisses on her cheeks, causing the inkling to laugh in joy and pain. "I knew you could do it!"

She pulled back a little to kiss Pearl deeply, as her tears finally spilled from her eyes. Pearl stopped squirming as she felt the younger idol's lips on hers. She immediately returned the kiss with a soft hum.

Marina pulled away and finally took in her surroundings. Looking over the platform, she sees the statue sinking in the water. To her right, Three, Eight, and Captain Cuttlefish held a light conversation. Though she can see Eight slightly giggling at the two.

The DJ looks back down to see her partner's red face. Realizing the position they were in, she scrambled off the inkling and pulled her to her feet.

"I'm so sorry Pearlie!" She apologized, blushing deeply. "I hope I didn't hurt you."

"N-Not at all." Pearl said, before coughing. It had been a while since she had screamed that loud. "I'm the o-one that lost balance, babe."

"Are you going to be okay?" Marina asked, frowning at her girlfriend. "You don't sound good."

"My voice is g-gonna be fucked for a while. I'll be aight though." Pearl said. Her usual voice volume was much quieter and rough. "A price to pay for saving the world."

Marina giggled before taking Pearl's hand. The two walked over to the agents. "We can officially rest now."

Three nodded, looking out at the sea. Eight smiled at the idols. "Thank you!" She said in Octarian.

"We should be thanking you. You saved us Eight." Marina replied back, kneeling down to briefly hug the Octoling, who held the idol tightly before letting go.

"Y-Yo Reena. We should sing that new song we wrote." Pearl said, sitting down along the edge. Marina walked over and stood next to her partner.

"Are you sure you can sing in your current condition?" Marina asked.

"I'll be aight."

Marina nodded and pulled out her phone. She tapped on it a few times before a soft tone filled the air.

"Welcome to the surface Eight!" Marina said with a smile. The agent smiled back at her before looking out at the water.

Marina's hand subconsciously rubbed her forearm as it began to give off an weird tingling sensation. However, once Pearl's voice filled the air, she let her hand drop and focus back on the song.