Be Mine

Rae lied on the grass and suddenly Finn lied down next to her, with his legs over hers.

"Rae? Rae, what are you thinking about?" Finn asked.

"I'm thinking how I'm going to tell ya that you smell of BO."

He laughed and said, "I'm sure you'll find somethin' to say." Rae looked at him with a grin. "Listen, Rae… Would you want to go for a walk with my tomorrow? Y'know, before meeting the gang for the rave and all."

"Alright," said Rae. She smiled as she turned to face the gang, who were all enjoying a beer in the nice weather. Chloe waved for Rae to come over to her, but Rae was too comfortable with Finn's legs over hers and his body so close to hers. Rae smiled and shook her head at Chloe. Chloe seemed annoyed at Rae, but it didn't matter.

Rae got up and looked at Finn. "See ya tomorrow? I have to go get home, my mum's waitin' for me. I have to try on dresses for the wedding."

"Sure. I'll pick ya up at eleven."

Rae woke up, disturbed by her flash-back dream. She wanted Finn to be lying next to her when she woke up, but he never did. She fell asleep soon after, she just grabbed a glass of water and went back to bed.

"Rae! There's a handsome fella at the door, sayin' he's here to pick ya up!"

Shit! Shit! I'm not dressed yet, what should I do? He's so fit and I definitely am not.

"Yes, Mum! I'll be down in a minute!" Rae put on a Ramones t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

"Hiya, Rae," Finn said and smiled. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, Finn. Let's go," she smiled. Finn grinned at her as she closed the door behind her.

"This will be a good, day. Can't you feel it, Rae?"

I'm with you, of course I can feel it! My loins are screaming already and you haven't even touched me! Oh, please touch me. Brush your hand through my hair, stroke my cheek, touch my bum – anything – just touch me!

"Well, it's off to a good start, isn't it?" she said. Finn laughed and nudged her.

"Yeah, Rae, you're right."

"So, Finn... Where are we going?"

"Does it matter where we're going?"

"Let's go," Rae said. Finn took hold of her hand. Rae felt her heart skip a beat, and she grinned. They reached the park and sat down on the first bench away from everyone. Finn put his arm around Rae and she leaned in against him. "Finn? How do you imagine your future?" Rae asked.

He sighed and said, "Well, I wanna be on the radio, hosting my own show. Maybe with you by my side, it'd be no bad music, y'know? We'd have all good songs and we'd have so much fun."

"Yeah, it sound amazing!" Rae said with a grin.

"Look at me, Rae," he said and she turned his face towards his. He leaned in and kissed her. Rae felt her whole body explode. She felt a shiver of feelings down her spine. "I know I want you to be a part of it. Of the future – my future."

What did he just say? Did I hear correctly? Fuck! Will I be well enough to be in his future at all?

Rae leaned in and kissed him. She didn't know how she'd managed to do it, but her lips were firmly pressed against his.

She woke up right as their lips met. She thought she'd dreamed everything that had happened in the past couple of years, but she'd just dreamed about the day with Finn again. Here's the truth; the day at the park happened three years ago. The surprise visit from Chloe was a little more than three years and four months ago. The gang had called her and checked up on her, but they were busy doing their own things, so they didn't meet up.