seventeen

my pumpkin UGH, i love you, you're BEAUTIFUL

💫

adyel

i had checked on saleh, making sure she was okay. of course she wasn't okay. her boyfriend had died in those woods and her leg was still broken. the doctors said it would take longer than usual to heal.

as i was walking back to the interrogation room, grayson stopped me. he had his big goofass grin on his face and i couldn't help but smile too.

"i need your opinion on something important." i chuckles a little, he would usually go to ethan for something like this. "i'm coming to you because you're sam's best friend and such so i have to ask you about this."

after the sentence grayson pulled out a black tint velvet box. my eyes widened once he opened it. inside there was one of the most beautiful diamonds rings i've ever seen.

i gasped feeling happy for the two of them. "you're gonna purpose?" grayson shrugged, his cheeks heating up. he always blushed over sam, she certainly had him wrapped around her finger. "thats amazing! she's gonna love it." i hugged grayson.

sam walked up, she looked disappointed. "hey." i smiled. she gave me a small glare, also looking back at grayson, glaring at him. "i need to talk to you." she grabbed my arm, pulling me into my office that was just down the hall from where we were.

once we got into my office i saw the tears welling up in her eyes. i looked at her confused. "what happened?" she broke down into tears, i tried comforting her but nothing helped, she just kept crying.

"that unsub is my biological father. he abused my mom for years, i was always in the dark because of him, i never made any true friends or got comfortable anywhere because of him. my mom was always afraid that he would find us." i gave her a sympathetic look, she never told me about that.

"does grayson know?" i asked rubbing her shoulder. she shook her head. "no, no. don't tell him. i don't want him to know." i went to my desk, handing her a tissue. "please, don't tell him. it will ruin everything." i nodded, hugging her.

GRAYSON'S POV

i went over to adyel's office trying to make sure sam was okay and to tell adyel that cameron needed her. i was about to knock on the door before i heard sam's voice, she sounded upset.

"does grayson know?" adyel asked. i furrowed my eyebrows. i know i shouldn't listen in, but i did. "no, no. don't tell him. i don't want him to know." sam's voice rang through my ears and i couldn't but to think the worst. "please don't tell him. it will ruin everything."

i felt like my heart was in my stomach and i couldn't breathe. "grayson loves you, he'll understand." i tried not to get upset. i trust sam, but maybe she made a dumb mistake with another guy. "i'll talk to him about it sometime, but what he doesn't know wont hurt him." and thats when i felt like i was going to puke. i walked away from the door, not even remembering what i came here for in the first place.

ADYEL'S POV

the day was finally over. i couldn't wait to go home and see the babies and ethan. vanessa had already texted me saying that she had picked the kids up from daycare. it was 9:20 pm and i was exhausted. today was an emotionally draining day. we would be back at it again tomorrow. the same case, just interrogating different people. 

i had asked sam if she wanted me to stay with her or if she wanted to stay with me. she denied the offer, she probably just wanted to be alone. i understood. 

i arrived at ethan and i's house, vanessa's car was gone, she had probably went home. i parked my car, walking up the driveway and through the courtyard. i reached the stairs, climbing them, praying i didn't fall due to my five inch heels. i looked at the beautiful pillars that were on the front porch, the sign that was beside the grand entrance that read "DOLAN" with "ethan and adyel" underneath made my heart swoon.

i finally opened the door, the familiar scent filling my nostrils. i saw ethan sitting on the couch, his face in his hands. "hey gorgeous." i put my keys on the hanging board we had for them and set my purse down on the floor. he looked up at me and slightly smiled. "the twins are in bed."

i sat down beside him, rubbing his back. "can we talk?" ethan asked. something was bothering him, i could tell. i nodded my head.

tears fell from his eyes. i gasped. "adyel, i love you so much bu-" i knew what was coming. i nodded.

"you want a divorce right?" ethan cried. "i thought the marriage consoler was working, we were doing so good. we were following her rules for the no intimacy for a month. but we broke that rule the other night adyel, we had sex all damn night. i missed that, but i'm really starting to believe that theres nothing we can do for us. we all start off as a sparkler, we spark and feel like we're on fire. we're beautiful but the sparks eventually go out." i cried, he felt like there was no hope for us.

i felt light headed, i didn't want to believe this. "adyel if you could love the wrong person this much, imagine how much you could love the right person." ethan explained to me.

i shook my head. "you aren't the wrong person. you're the love of my life and i've known that since i laid eyes on you. you feel the same way and i know you do. i loved you even when i was with other guys. you were mine. we're meant to be ethan and if you don't see that or can't believe that then fuck you." i cried.

"we aren't bent this time adyel. we're broken." tears streamed down his face like a waterfall. if someone were to walk in right now, they may be scared.

 "we're so capable of love ethan. we're choosing to be toxic. do you really want grant and finley to grow up with parents that aren't together?" i yelled, i actually felt my heart hurting.

"do you really want them growing up in a home where their parents fight all the time? wouldn't you rather us be great apart then horrible together?" he snapped. i shook my head, i probably looked a mess.

i walked to the kitchen, trying to escape ethan for five seconds. "i don't deserve this! i really don't deserve this, i deserve someone who gives a shit! i am not spending another second of this life with an inconsiderate prick!" i yelled. (s/o if you know where thats from)

ethan looked at me, tears streaming down his face, shaking his head slightly. "it's gonna hurt me to hate you but loving you is worse." 

💫

sorry