12

Security drones flashed up ahead, their lights rebounding from the deluge that had sodden the floor. Amongst the shadows painted upon the walls of the docks, four figures stood - their clothes clinging to them tightly and their throats constricted with apprehension. Autonomous vehicles passed back and forth from compartment containers assembled like building blocks, stacked high and looming above the smooth, rain soused ground.

It was just past eight pm when the group of androids stepped up onto the main platform of the CyberLife berth. "This is crazy... If they catch us, we're dead."

"What do we do now?" The blonde android stepped forwards, asking the leader of the group. "We need to find the CyberLife warehouse - that's where they keep the spare parts and the blue blood." They all nodded in unison. The sky swirled and darkened with the promise of burdensome rain.

"Follow me." The only female of the group ran forwards across the dock and darted into the shelter of a wall of containers. The group followed, and Markus could feel his heart racing in anticipation, having only one objective - to reach the warehouse.

North climbed onto the containers, not paying much mind to the rest of the group and surely finding a secure path for the other androids to follow. The sound of the downpour blocked out much of the noise their hurried footsteps made, and with the added splutter of machinery all around, they all made easy progress to the warehouse.

Soon the blaring lights of the business logo were in sight, the group hurried towards it, knowing they were short on time during the heist. Markus skillfully avoided gaps in the containers, efficiently leaping over gaps and making the most silent approach possible, his contrasting coloured eyes glinting in whatever cumbersome light he allowed his body to move through.

The troop stopped and kneeled upon the edge of a mustard yellow container, grimed with gravel and rusted age, made dank with the sinister weather, faces aged and frowning with mature uncertainty.

"The CyberLife warehouses... they have everything we're looking for." Simon chimed lowly. "-But first we've got to get rid of that drone," North interjected swiftly.

"Leave it to me," Markus stated, and the group obeyed.

He instantaneously preconstructed all of the possible outcomes. Deciding on the best, he ran and jumped upon a higher container, blocked from the view of the surveillance automaton by a rising container gripped in the unforgiving claws of a crane. Then, upon obtaining the high ground, swung from the rising compartment and landed upon it, sending it spinning out of control.

Both machines landed on the ground with a heavy thud, the device in Markus' arms spitting sparks as he short-wired it into a useless heap of metal.

"You okay?" Josh was down on the ground beside him immediately, clapping him on the shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine."

North hopped down. "Good job, Markus."

The squad ran around the corner to the compartments filled with the bio-products. "Quick! Open up the crates and fill your bags. Take as much as you can!"

Markus pulled the knife out of his back pocket and slid open the lid of a crate, filling his rucksack with the bags of blue blood.

Subtly, the group all turned around to the foreign presence standing at the forefront of the area filled with hip-height crates. It stood, staring blankly at all of their faces in turn, the backdrop of rain feigning the group's hopes little by little.

"You are trespassing on private property. Your presence constitutes a Level 2 infraction." It marched over to the centre of the group. "I will notify security."