Chapter 1

It was a beautiful day. Jungkook grumpily turned off his alarm and sat on the bed. He put his glasses on and stared at the wall in front of him, still half asleep. He scratched his head and finally got out of the bed. He quickly freshened up and got dressed to go to his class. He wore his usual white shirt and blue denims. He ruffled his damp hair thinking about letting it air dry today. He looked closer in the mirror. "Smile, Jungkook." He said to himself.

He got into his car that his father got him for his 18th birthday. He always loved his parents. But he didn't like their habit of forcing him to socialize when he didn't want to. He understands their reason but it really gets out of hand sometimes.

He turned the car on and drove. He always liked driving. It really calmed him. Whenever he felt lonely or sad, he would go on long drives and it will make him feel a lot better.

"HEY JUNGKOOK!" shouted a voice behind him when he came out of his car in the parking lot. It was Kim Taehyung, one of his two best friends. He smiled slightly when he saw him. Taehyung was one of his childhood friends along with Park Jimin. They once saw Jungkook being bullied in kindergarten and called the teacher on his bullies. From that day, the three stuck together. Jungkook was really grateful for them and appreciated them. Taehyung and Jimin treated him like their best friend and a younger brother at the same time, even if they're of the same age.

"Hey Tae! Where's Jimin?" He asked.

"Right behind you."

Jungkook turned around to see Jimin walking towards them. He put his arm around his shoulder and ruffled his now semi-damp hair.

"Jungkook-ah! I'm having trouble with English" Taehyung whined. Jungkook chuckled. "I'll help you with your homework during lunch." He said.

"I can totally imagine your face while learning all the phrasal verbs." Said Jimin and started making faces. Jungkook started laughing. Tae punched him lightly on his arms and laughed with them.

He suddenly heard a car park beside his. He turned to see who it is. Coming out of the car was Park Chaeyoung and her best friend Lisa. Jungkook stared at the figure in front of him. 'How can you be so beautiful?' he thought to himself without realizing. Chaeyoung saw him and gave him a soft smile. He felt his cheeks turning red. He quickly turned around to Tae and Jimin.

"Let's head inside. I don't want to be late to History." Jungkook said hurriedly.

"Ah! We should." Jimin said, looking at his watch. They all went inside.

~•~•~•~

"Chaeyoung-ah!"

Chaeyoung opened her eyes slightly. Sun rays were beaming at her face through the bedroom window making her honey gold skin glow. She pulled herself up and sat on the bed, running her hands through her messy morning hair.

"Chaeyoung-ah we'll be late for college. Hurry up!" The voice from the other room echoed in her room.

"Okay Lisa..."

Lisa and Chaeyoung were childhood friends. They used to live in the same neighborhood growing up and they always attended the same schools. College was no different. They stayed in a shared apartment. They never got tired of each other and were always seen together.

Chaeyoung got out of her bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. She looked in the mirror to see her face, staring back at her. "Smile Chaeng." She said to herself. With that, she ran to the living area where Lisa has prepared her coffee beforehand.

"Thanks Lisa!" She exclaimed giving her a hug.

"What are friends for anyways?" Lisa said with a giggle. "Now let's hurry up. We have English. And then Psychology. And then, oh my gosh, Mathematics. Your nightmare!"

Chaeyoung let out a dramatic cry. It was no secret that the one subject Chaeyoung was not good at is Mathematics. It was hell for her to sit through one class. And the teacher always asked her to answer a question at least once in each class. She always got it wrong. She found it annoying but she understood the reason behind why the teacher was asking her. She already cleared it up with her. It was to make her feel more confident and make her better. But Chaeyoung had lost all hopes to be good at mathematics now.

"Lisa! What am I going to do about mathematics? I'm really scared I won't do well in the exams." Chaeyoung whined in the car. Lisa watched her from the passengers seat. "Chaeng I'm trying my best to give you extra help. But I don't think it is enough. Should I give you more time?"

"But you have other classes to study for. And I know how much you struggle with Psychology. I don't want to take up your time more. You need it too."

"That's true. Psychology and me don't go together. I'm really jealous how good you are in Psychology. You're like, what, the second? The first is obviously that guy." Lisa said.

Jungkook's face suddenly came in front of Chaeyoung's eyes.

"Yes... He always tops. It's really a wonder how he gets everything correct. I always seem to miss something."

"Oh there's an empty spot! Park there Chaeng." Lisa said.

Chaeyoung turned the steering wheel and parked her car in the spot.

They both came out of the car to see Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin. Chaeyoung looked at Jungkook and caught him staring at her. She suddenly felt her heart skipping a beat. She gave him her usual soft smile only to find him quickly turning around. Does he not like her?

"We still have 10 minutes to spare. Nice!" Lisa said looking at her watch.

Chaeyoung smiled at her and turned her head towards the building. She sighed and started walking towards it with Lisa.