Together

This was requested by Lavaholic
Cole x depressed Kai
This also takes place when they were in the realm of oni and dragons.
Kai was lying on the ground, near the campfire. The sky was littered with stars, but their beauty couldn't mask the sadness he was feeling. Everything was new and different, and not in a good way. Who knew how the others in Ninjago were doing, for all he knew they could be dead! Kai's chest tightened at that thought, and hot tears strolled down his cheeks.
He quickly wiped them away, hoping no one would see him. Kai never let anyone see him cry, not even Nya! Yet he couldn't quiet down the sniffles and squeaks coming from his mouth. Kai started to turn, but he accidentally bumped into Cole who was sleeping beside him. Cole yawned sleepily and opened his eyes, staring lazily at his friend.
"Eh Kai, is something the matter?" Cole asked tiredly turning to his crying friend.
"Oh uh n-no I..I'm f-fine." Kai replied, trying to hold back a sob. "G-go back t-to sleep..."
Cole began to wake up some  more, and shook his head, sitting up slightly.
"Nah, I'm going to stay up a while." Cole said, much to Kai's dismay. Good thing the only light was the dim fire, otherwise Cole would know that his hot-headed friend was upset. Kai started to turn back around, but was stopped and forced to face the earth ninja.
"Hey, you alright?" Cole asked softly, lifting a hand up to Kai's cheek.
Kai held his chin down, but looked up sadly at the earth ninja, his heart almost ready to burst. The dam broke, and all resistance Kai held was broken making him sob uncontrollably into Cole's chest. Cole held the crying ninja close to his chest tightly, his ripped GI becoming wet. Kai calmed down after a while, but Cole refused to let him go. The fire elementalist looked up shyly at the black njnja, smiling softly.
"Feel better?" Cole asked, moving a peice of hair from Kai's face, making him blush.
"A little, yeah." Kai said, making Cole arch an eyebrow.
"Just a little?" Cole asked teasingly.
"N-no I didn't mean that it's just yeah it made me feel  better but-"
Kai was cut off by a pair of warm lips on his. The fire ninja's eyes widened as Cole put his hands on the side of his head. Cole pulled away and stared into Kai's eyes.
"How about now?"
Kai couldn't speak, for his throat went dry. Instead he nodded and cuddled up to Cole. The earth ninja smiled, feeling satisfied with himself. He knew they'd get back home, no matter what. They'd do this, together.
This probably wasn't what you wanted but I got inspired since Hunted is now on Cartoon Network in America. I watched it today and I loved it so much!