Chapter 1

Third Person Pov

His mother searched through the cabinets, shuffling through all the medical tools and medicines she stored there. Roman waited there casually on his knees while she searched. Roman Xi was about to get whipped by his mother, but first she had to get him bandages so the other wounds could be healed.

This was all normal. Roman was glad that his mother was spending time with him. Even if she beat him and trained him for the most of the time. It was okay with Roman. His mom only wanted him to be strong. She said that it was for his own good. She like hitting him, so Roman liked it too. He remembered the exact words she told him.

"Baby." She said calmly, putting her hand on his bruised shoulder. "Do you know why I named you Roman?"

Roman shook his head fervently. His mother hardly spoke to him in this manner. And he never got the chance to speak to her often. So he took the opportunity.

"Well... when I was younger I learned about the Romans. And in their time they experienced a lot of successes, and a lot of problems too. There was some people that rebelled against them and they had many problems. Many pains. Barbarians attacked them and pillaged their empire. But even though they were full of problems and pain they were still deemed as the largest and strongest empire ever built." She said ruffling his white hair. "And I wanted you to be the same way. Your going to have pain inflict on you but it's good! It will make you stronger!" She said squeezing him into a tight hug.

"Your going to be strong. And your going to make me proud!"

And that's how it went. Roman wanted to make his mom proud and he was prepared to go to any lengths to make her love him. He loved the pain so that his mother loved him. He would get beat and he liked it. He would be what she wanted him to be. No matter what. He would make his mom proud. He had his mom and it made him strong. His life was good.

But life doesn't always work the way you want it to work.

Nights later after his whipping. His mother didn't wake him at the appropriate time he would usually wake up at. And he panicked, something was wrong. Everything was always scheduled. His mother had a time schedule. She lived her life in a scheduled way. There was never a way anything was off time.

He got up from his warm bed and ran through the hall ways of his large home. He open his mother's door and he found her. Not on her bed, lying down. But on the floor. She was slumped down on the floor with her own beautiful blood pooling around her. She had her favorite tanto in her hand and her face was covered with her beautiful white hair.

He rushed to her side, panicking for his mom he loved so dearly. His pijamas were soaked in her blood, but he didn't care. He put her head on his lap and moved the hair from her face. There was a smile. He relaxed, the smile on her face meant that she took her own life. She was happy at the wound she made on herself. But he didn't understand why. His mother had everything she could ever want. He got up and looked around the room.

He furrowed his eyebrows. Maybe she left a note or a massage somewhere. He bag an searching through her cabinets, her closet, and all of her belongings. He wasn't really supposed to be looking through her things. His mother didn't ever let him go inside her room. It was always a mystery to him, but he finally knew why. She had a bunch of antique stuff and things that were valuable.

He finally lifted her mattress up and found a note and money surrounding it. Roman took the note, leaving all the money there. He didn't care about the money, he wanted to know what happened to his mother. He let go of the mattress, money flew everywhere. Roman sat down next to her bed and read the note slowly. It said,

"Roman,

I'm going to depart from you. I'm leaving you in this world so that I can finally set myself free from the pain I always had. There is pain that feels good and there is pain that does not. Like stubbing your toes. That shit just hurts. Or like when your asshole of your father left me to fend for myself and for you. It still hurts and it never felt good.

Roman... I love you. I have a pretty shit way of showing it, but it was for your own good. Sometimes you just have to feel some pain to realize things. And I understand now that I have to leave this so that you can grow stronger. Roman, your going to be left in this world alone and your finally going to start using that training I gave you. You won't always be left alone though. You can make friends and stuff.

Everything here is now yours. This house, my stuff, the pond, everything. If you don't want to stay here, go to a place called Konoha. It's nice there, maybe you can make friends and live there.

This is it, Roman. I'm going to die and I'm going to like it. Don't worry. I have a smile on my face.

Sincerely,
Mom."

Roman could only stare at the note. He had to make a plan to go to Konoha. But first he had to pack and get rid of somethings. He would have to contact Konoha's Uchiha Police Force to get the Hokages attention, too. Now he needed to move to Konoha and have a new life.

Roman waited one day, for four reasons.

1. So he could hide the evidence of his training. He had a good mom and maybe the police force would think that she beat him. And he didn't want her to be seen as a criminal so he burned all her tools.

2. So he could get all the belongings he wanted from her and the house. There where things that belong to his mother that were very special. He didn't want them to be left behind.

3. So he could train a little more. This would make his scars look like they were from training. It could also make him look valuable and useful in the ninja world later on.

4. So he could learn how to remorse. Roman didn't know how to remorse properly. In order to get the Police Forces attention. He needed to make a sob story and cry a little. This would make the police force believe that this was another horrible incident and that they needed to keep a close eye on him.

Now he needed to wait after he was done throughout the whole day. He contacted the police and followed his plan which led him to the Hokage's office. His life was no longer with his mother. 

Now... it was only The Roman Times.