My Journey and My Way

Positivity and struggle - If you have made these two your companinons, then success is always a guaranteed outcome because every struggle with time and perseverance reaches its goals. But nowadays when I witness the low esteem and confidence amongst the students due to bad academic performance or peer pressure or when I see the children failing to take responsibilities, I feel disheartened. But when I look back into my memories, my life, I feel proud not because today I am a successful CA but about the fact that the troubles and predicaments that I faced to be what I am today allows me to feel good about myself.

 But when I look back into my memories, my life, I feel proud not because today I am a successful CA but about the fact that the troubles and predicaments that I faced to be what I am today allows me to feel good about myself

My journey has been an interesting one.....

Hailing from a very poor family in PIPARIYA (M.P.), I had a small family of 5 - My mother, father, me and my two siblings. I was in third standard when I experienced the sense of pain for the first time when my father slapped me. Yes, I cried a lot that day and why not , crying at that age was like a right to a child. My mother was always there with me , even on that day.

From that day, this became a routine in our house. My father was a short tempered man which made him agitated off and on. I learnt what was called - Domestic Violence! But being a kid my hands were chained.

Somewhere, deep down I knew that my father was a good person, it was the situation which hovered on him. I was sick and tired of the daily fights therefore one day I took a decision for myself. I ran away. Yes, I did run away from my family, boarded a train and reached a new place - ITARSI. Unfortunately my parents searched me out and brought me back home with the promise of never fighting again. But all in vain. Again the same routine began. Fights, abuses. I was tolerating all of this until one day when my father started shouting on me and beating me as soon as I stepped foot in the house. The reason was that I went out for a movie without informing. My father kept on hitting me, his rage was so high that he took a hot brass rod and scarred my hand . it pained a lot , I cried for help, the injury was so bad that I was rushed to the hospital. Though the doctor treated my scar but the pain in my heart was still intact. At that very moment I decided to leave my home.

 At that very moment I decided to leave my home

I left a note for my mother and boarded the train for BHOPAL. I stood at the Bhopal Junction and thought 'Where will I go, what will I do now?'.