2

We looked at each other for a good minute before he said something. "you have sum to say bro? you can say it".

I sat down and then he sat down sat next to me. "Ilikeyou". He laughed. "bro slow down and speak up".

I sighed and then nodded. "i  like you zion. actually no I'm in love with you. everytime we are together, you take my breath away. just the thought of you makes my heart flutter. when someone mentions your name, I seem to smile and blush. i know you don't like me. i don't expect you to but I just needed to tell you". I put my head down.

I basically just ranted. I can't believe I just told him that. This is crazy.

I looked up at him and he had this look on his face but I don't know what it mean though. He finally said sum. "i don't know if I feel the same way. i mean I do smile alot when I'm with you but I don't know if it's something real".

I nodded in sadness. I mean I did said I didn't expect him to like me back.

"i also have hoes so I don't want to see you hurt or even worse, I don't want to be the one to hurt you". I blushed but I quickly hid it. We didn't say anything for like 2 minutes.

I was about get up and go cry in Zari's arms until he hugged me. He also pulled me into his lap. I laid my head down in his chest while he held me.

I just wanted to cry right then and there but I didn't want him see me cry. Espicially over him.

I got up from his lap. He looked at me in confusion. "I-I think I should go to Z-z-zari now", I said stuttering on my words a bit. He nodded.

I ran up the stairs and into her room. "Nick?", she asked. I bust out crying. "aww poor baby, comere". She opened her arms and I walked over to her and she hugged me. I laid my head on her chest as she played with my dreads. "okay tell me what happened".

"i confessed my love for him". She nodded urging for me to go on. "and then he shut me down". I broke down crying. "what? what he say?".

"he said he doesn't know if he feels the same way", I said. Well tried to say considering I was crying so much. "omg nicky baby I'm sorry for making you tell him. i should go beat his ass for making you cry this much. you rarely cry".

"it's okay. and please dont". "you sure?". "yeah", I assured her.

"you want ice cream. my treat", she smiled. "best friend you know me so well". I got up and then she got up and we made our way to downstairs.

We saw Zion in the living room on his phone.

Probably texting his hoes SMH

"bitch", she mumbled while we walked in the kitchen.

"zari stop", I said to her. "what? i didn't even say anything". I rolled my eyes at her. She went in the freezer and got the cookie dough ice cream.

"aye can I get some ice cream", I heard a voice behind me. I didn't even turn away. We knew who it was.

"you got money right? go buy some", Zari said while she grabbed two spoons.

"zari stop being so mean. im okay", I said to her.

"what you mean 'im okay'? were you crying or something?".

"what type of fucking question is that? you broke his heart zion. of course he was crying", Zari yelled at him.

"well I didn't know he was gonna cry", Zion yelled back at her.

"of course you didn't. you fucking idiot. i should punch you in yo shit right now". She started walking over to him so I had to restrain her before shit got violent. Too late for that. She pushed me back. She continued to do what she was doing before I had stopped her.

"why are you mad z?".

"cause you fucking broke my best friend heart. that's why I'm mad. you stupid bitch". She pushed him back making him fall to the ground. She jumped on him, throwing shots to his face.

Then their mom came. Ion think Zari noticed though.

"hey guys Im- omg zari what are you doing to zion", she said pulling zari off of zion.

"nooo mama. im not done", she said kicking and trying to get out of her mother's hold. Zayanna dragged her upstairs. I finally got up from the ground and went to zion who layed on the floor. I helped him up. "omg zion are you okay. i tried to stop her". I tried to hug him but he backed away. "man dont fucking touch me.

I gave him a stank look. "and what did I do. i wasnt the one who just beat your ass". He didn't say anything and just went to the bathroom.

He had a black eye and two cuts on his cheek.

he still looked beautiful

Yeah whatever. Anyway, I went upstairs to check on zari and zayanna.

I opened the door. "hey guys". Zayanna ran up to me and hugged me. "omg baby are you okay". I laughed. "yes ma I'm okay". She said to call her that because I'm like their child.

"i should beat that boy, too". She said getting ready to go downstairs but I held her back.

"no stop. he looks bad enough from when zari beat him up. we don't need you to either".

She laughed. "yeah 'his beautiful face doesn't need to be ruined". She mocked me. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"zari can we talk real quick", I said to Zari.

"sure". She rolled off the bed and we went to her room. We sat on the bed.

"wassup?", she asked.

"why did you do that?". "he broke your heart. i guess my anger got the best of me". I disagreed. "yeah but there's something more".

I saw her face get red. "do you like me?", I asked her.

"no, I don't".

"then why were you so mad to beat him up. i get why you mad in the first place. but you didn't have to beat him up though. what is it? you can tell me", I smiled at her.

"i cant", she said. I frowned. "why?". She frowned too. "cause I don't know what it is. it's like I have the urge to protect you at all times. and it's like I need you. not in that way but like spiritually". I nodded and hugged her. "it's okay best. i need your crazy ass too".

Its true. I needed her too.

"c'mon", she said taking my hand. "where we going". "im gonna go apologize to zion".