Twenty Eight

At some point that morning, we finally made it out of bed and back to set after drinking the cold coffee that we brewed earlier in the morning.  Then he drove me back to set, with some light conversation about the plans for LA.  I wouldn't have much time with him, but he promised to try to squeeze out for dinner on Monday night.

The set didn't have much time with me when we retrieved my things, thank God.  Though their eyes settled on me, everyone was quiet and just observed from afar...but I'm sure Robert got all the questions once I left.

Honestly...maybe the space is good.  I spent most of my time practicing for the show, vocals only, of course, and trying to plan my transitions between songs.  I would only have a guitar, so it doesn't have any huge stage presence, but I'm just a quick opener.

Monday I talked to my mom and gave her the details on the trip, and got to talk to Erin briefly enough to tell her I was bringing someone along.  She had a meeting, so I didn't get to explain...but it's probably better that way.  And then I got to see Robert, Monday night as promised.

"I would've cooked, but don't have much time..." he sighed when I opened the door at the hotel.

He looked exhausted, and I can't help but feel bad...he's working around the clock to make up for taking time off.  They can't stop production, so he's making up for it where he can..and so are the crew.   But, I guess Marvel is nothing without Downey, so he can do as he pleases...even if I don't agree with it.

We took the food into the bedroom, just like the last time he visited the hotel, and then put on a movie; Airplane!, another classic.

But, not even half way through, once the food was cleared, I wound up giving him a simple kiss, sweet and thanking him for making time for me, and one thing leads to another, and suddenly we're full on make out, until he pauses and peeks an eye open at the TV.

"I thought we're watching a movie," he says against my lips, and I smirk, grabbing his collar and pulling him over me.

"I've seen it," I mumble, and then tug his shirt up, and he smiles against me before parting to let me start undressing him.

And before I wake up in the morning, he's gone, but there's a nice message on my phone, at least.

TS: Have a good day, sweetheart...wish I could stay longer.  See you Wednesday afternoon.

Sweetheart.  Yeah, I could get used to these pet names...

That night I call Devin, not sure if she was planning on joining my mom...we haven't talked since she refused to give me Robert's number.

"I know, your mom told me..." she answers, sounding annoyed.  "Nice of you to think of me."

"Dev..." I sigh, "come on.  I asked you for Robert's number and you were being hard on me."

"Because he doesn't want to deal with you, Rachel."

I stay silent, not sure if I should go for the rudeness or the fact that she's completely wrong first...but she beats me to it.

"Sorry, that's not what I meant..."

"It's fine.  I got it from him the other day."

"Oh, so you're talking..."

"What, you think I'd just stay for fun?" I laugh lightly, trying to bring her mood up.

"Your mom said you were headed to LA..."

"Well, I am..." I confirm.  "On Wednesday.  That show is still on."

"I couldn't get off of work this time..." she sighs, her mood finally better. "I'm sorry."