𝟬𝟮. just like old times

Opening the door and setting foot into her childhood home, where she had basically lived the majority of her life, Sofia was greeted by her younger brother, Joel.

There was only an eighteen month age gap between Sofia and her little brother, although he was far from little now. Being so close in age, meant the pair were very close growing up and were as thick as thieves. Til this day, Sof and Joel still had a very special close bond.

"It was nice of you to tell me that you were coming home, Sof!" It was a shock in the system for Joel, seeing his sister step foot in the house. With him now giving her a big teddy bear hug.

"I just wanted to surprise you, dad and Kerri." Sofia chuckled at her brother's initial reaction to her entrance. "It's good to be back."

"What is all the fuss about, now?" Kerri, Sofia and Joel's stepmother heard all the commotion from the living room. "You're making a hell of a lot of noise for being yourself, Joel."

Kerri was the closest thing Sofia and Joel ever really had as a mother, after the passing of their biological mother when the pair were just children. She married into the Michael family not long after the passing of their biological mother and knew she wouldn't ever take over her role, but always treated the two as if they were her own. The bond between the step mother and her step children was also very
close, despite a very rocky start for obvious reasons.

"Well maybe if you come through and find out. I seem to be all fuss!" The girl exclaimed, before greeting her step mother with a hug.

"Oh my god! I've missed you so much, my lovely!" Kerri exclaimed, enjoying the warm embrace between her and Sofia. "Check you,
living your flash London life. It's alright for some, eh?"

"Flash?" Sofia sniggered at Kerri's words. "London is not as glamorous as you would like to think it is. Believe me, I miss Manchester more than ever now."

"Well, I'll tell you what!" A bright idea sparked within Kerri's head. "Why don't you move back here? You could even take Noah back here with you too." She smiled, which made Sofia very uncomfortable with her on and off boyfriend being the hot topic of the subject today.

"Well, uhm. Maybe, you never know." Sofia kept her answer very vague and dry, in hope to change the subject of the conversation.

"Your dad will be awful excited to see you too, love." Kerri continued to gush over her step daughter. "He'll be home from work very soon, I should go and get the tea on for you all." She said, before returning to the kitchen.

"So check you out, loving your best life out there in London. Your own little flat, job, money and boyfriend." Joel continued the conversation on with Sof. "No time for your little brother now, eh?"

"Joel, trust me. It is nothing like that at all, well not anymore anyway." She began to explain it all. "As great as London was to begin with, it's no good now being there on my own. I really do miss home. London feels like a foreign country to me now.

"On your own?" Joel questioned, furrowing his eyebrows very confusingly at her. "If anything, I would have expected Noah to have come back here with you." He sounded very surprised.

"Actually, things aren't the greatest right now between us." Sof sighed, keeping the topic as vague as she could. "Noah went back to his mum's in Northampton for a little bit. But in other words, we're doing great." She chuckled, sarcastically.

"That's fair enough, then." Joel nodded, knowing not to take the issue any further with her. "So, how long are you back for? Are you moving back in?" He questioned, with a little bit of hope that they would get to see each other a lot more.

"Sorry, kiddo." She said, instantly crushing her brother's little sign of hope there. "Three days. I know it's not long but I'll keep on coming back to visit." Now carrying the feeling of guilt that she couldn't be around for the family more often.

"You're joking?" Joel panted at his sister. "It isn't fair, the fact your always away from home. I miss having you here, so does dad and Kerri."
"you're joking?" joel pants at his sister. "it isn't fair, your always gone.. i do miss you around here, so does dad and kerri." he whines.

"And I miss you three too as much as you miss me." Sofia said, still circulating the feeling of guilt. "But I had to move out eventually, even if that meant to London."

Being cut off now, the living room door opened and Sofia and Joel's dad entered, having just finished work.

"Sof?!" He exclaimed in shock, before giving her a big hug. "That was really unexpected, what are you doing back here?"

"Well, hello to you too, dad." Sofia said cheekily, as she and Joel laughed at their dad's initial reaction.

"How long are you back for then?" She questioned, as he eventually loosened the grip from their hug.

"Three days..." The blonde said, knowing her father wouldn't like the sound of it one bit.

"Well, it's not very long. Is it?" He sounded as defeated as his son did earlier. "How about we go to Old Trafford and watch the United VS Burnely game on Sunday? That's if your not busy."

Visiting Old Trafford every home game was a long running tradition for the Michael Family, ever since Sofia and Joel were little. The family had always been die hard Manchester United supporters and occasionally made it to a few away games here and there.

"Sunday works just fine." She granted her father's offer. This way she could go out there and support Marcus too.

"Like old times!" Joel started a little chant, as he pulled both his dad and sister into a group hug.

"Like old times." The three of them said in unison.

" The three of them said in unison

beans🤪

beans🤪

i have a teammate staying the night
the infamous jlingz
do you mind if he tags along with us to nandos

sofia the firsr👱🏼‍♀️

of course not
the more the merrier

beans🤪

perfect
you two will get on brilliantly

sofia the first 👱🏼‍♀️

after all he is my favourite player

beans🤪

wow harsh
see you tomorrow