Why Notice Me Now?

I wake up taking a deep breathe, not ready to go out and face the world. I've always been the one left out and never had any attention. Today was the last day of school so I thought I could make it through one more day of school. I get up and go to my closet to find something to wear. It was my last time to show everyone that I wasn't invisible and that I deserve recognition too.

This is what I'm wearing and there's no backing out, I told myself

This is what I'm wearing and there's no backing out, I told myself. We weren't allowed to wear clothes that had sleeves that were less than three fingers wide at my school. But it was the last day of school. It's not like the teachers pay attention to me. Not even the slightest bit. Plus, I can't even get suspended since this was the only day of school left this year. I walk out of my room, get into the car and go through the Krispy Kreme drive through to get a few donuts for breakfast. Then I go to school. I park my car right outside, grab my backpack, and head inside. I walk past multiple people, but they don't notice me. So I take off my cardigan. I hear people gasp all around me. I turn my head to see the principal walking towards me. "Excuse me ma'am, you know you are not allowed to be wearing clothes like that at school!" she says. "I'm sorry." I say, without actually feeling sorry. There's nothing she can do about it. Well, that's what I thought. "Detention for the rest of the day!" I was told. My eyes widen and I see through the corner of my eyes that everyone around me was also surprised. I followed the principal to the office. I roll my eyes and think to myself, "why does everyone have to notice me when I do something wrong." So I ended up staying in the office the whole rest of the day.