A Newcomer

I nervously entered my first class of the day. No big deal...it's just Chemistry. I took a seat somewhere in the middle of the classroom. Gosh, it's hard to sit in these desks with a tail. The teacher came n and began the lecture. The kid next to me was fast asleep by the time the lecture was over and we were turned loose to complete our assignments. 

Suddenly the teacher left the room, the principal was out in the hallway. Oh geez, I hope someone isn't in trouble. When the teacher came back, she was followed by a kid who had mid-length and spiked platinum blonde hair. Well...he's rather cute, I thought to myself. The teacher said that this was our new student, Slade Hendrik. That name sounds familiar...I heard some of the basketball players talk about him. Apparently he was feared by our school's team for his skill and athleticism. Surprise, surprise...now he's here. Slade took a seat somewhere in the back of the classroom. Oh great, he's looking at me! 

I was saved by the bell... Thank goodness. Well, time for the chaos in the hallways. I felt something smack right against my legs and soon I was on the ground. Someone tripped me again, nothing new. I groaned in pain once more until I saw someone stoop down to my level. "Hey...you alright there? I saw who tripped you. That was low."  I looked up...Oh, crud it's SLADE! I felt myself begin to blush. Slade extended a hand to help me up and I reluctantly took it. "T-thank you.." I managed to mutter out. Slade just patted my shoulder and smiled "Anytime... I don't like seeing people get hurt." "Not even ones with tails and fangs?" I asked nervously. "Not even them...I think it's cool and unique." he answered back with the smile never leaving his face. I couldn't help but smile back, he's got a heart of gold. "I see we share gym class together, guess I'll see you then?" Slade looked at his class schedule and then back at me. "Sounds good!" We eventually parted ways before we were both late to class.