Chapter 13

3 months later

Blake's POV

I wake up, and it's about 9:30. I roll over to see Miranda still sleeping, laying on her side, so her tummy was touching my back. I felt Kaylee kick, which is why I woke up. I rolled over just to watch Miranda sleep. She as so peaceful. I had a smile on my face when I heard footsteps. I jolted up, walking out into the hallway in gym shorts. I didn't see anybody, so I walked downstairs to see Jessie and some dude sitting on our couch. I cleared my throat, saying "Jessica Ivalyn Shelton, what the hell are you doing up so early, and why is there a boy here?!" She turned around saying "daddy, it's almost 10, and I didn't think you would mind... You know who he is..." Then he turned around, and I saw it was Chris Young. I shook my head, saying "Jessie, for your safety, I'm going to have to ask you to back to your room, without Chris." She sat there for a minute, kissed his cheek, then walked up slowly to her room.

Chris' POV

After Blake knew Jessie got to her room, he sat on the couch next to me, saying "Chris, I don't know how I feel about you sneaking around with my daughter like that." I looked confused because Blake the. Proceeded to say "her and her friend Amber had come to visit, but didn't want to go back home, so Miranda and I adopted them. Look, I promised I'd take care of both of them, and yeah I love ya man, but I know the age difference between you two. It's more than Miranda and I." I stopped him from saying anything else. I said "Blake, have you ever heard that you can't help who you fall for? You fell in love with Miranda on stage. I happen to be falling in love with Jessie. Sometimes you just have to let go... Sure there's 11 years between Jessie and I, but I swear to you that I will take care of her." He just shook his head, and got up, saying "yeah, you're right, but she's my baby girl. I believe you, it's just hard to let go. Let's talk to miranda about this, and see what happens, okay?" I nodded, then Blake went up to get Miranda. Before he came back down, Jessie came running down crying. She didn't know Blake had gone upstairs, and she really needed to talk to him. She just saw me, and came running into my arms. I wrapped them around her, and let her cry into my chest, then Blake and Miranda came downstairs.

Miranda's POV

It was about 10 when Blake came in and woke me up. I fluttered my eyes, and Blake said "baby, we gotta go talk to Chris. Not the one you're thinking of either. Chris Young." I looked confused and asked "why is he here?" Blake explained to me what was going on, so I got up, and put on one of Blake's shirts, and a pair of basketball shorts. As we walked down the hall, Amber was still sleeping. We let her sleep, then went downstairs to find Jessie wrapped in Chris' arms. Blake's initial reaction was to yell at Chris for holding her like that, but I stopped him because I saw she was crying. Blake and I walked behind the couch, looking at Chris puzzled, and he just shook his head no. It was about 5 minutes, and Jessie had finally stopped crying she looked up to see Blake and I standing behind Chris. She was about to get up when I told her "honey, don't. It's fine." She nodded, and relaxed. Blake looked uncomfortable with the idea, but went along with it anyways. A silence broke out, then Chris said "Jessie, do you mind telling us why you were crying?" She nodded, saying "after daddy had me go upstairs, I looked at my phone, and saw the date. Today is June 27. Today is significant because it's my grandpas birthday..." She broke out into tears again, and Chris held her tight, letting her cry, and rubbing her back.

(Awe Poor Jessie what do you think is gonna happen between her a Chris)