6: One King, One Kingdom

QUINN

Time seemed to have frozen for everyone as we watched the Crown Prince push the sword into the Princess with a cold desire to get rid of her completely. "No!" Hathor screamed as Horus pushed the metal boundary away from the both of them, so that they both could run to their baby. I froze as my mind went blank, making me paralysed for a few minutes as I watched the scene unfold in front of me. Horus pushed his son away from his daughter as the crowd cheered on his beautiful kill that was dead before our eyes.

I watched Hathor cradle Nilea's head in her arms as she cried in agonising pain that managed to wail across the arena. "You killed her!" Hapi shouted at Imset, pushing him away as distrust and sorrows took over his soul. I managed to gain control over every muscle on my body, and as soon as I did, I ran out of my seat and over the fence, towards Lea's body. Her younger brothers jumped out after me and were already hovering over her body.

"How could you?" I screamed at Imset, pushing him back as I defensively tried to see and understand the logic that drove him to thinking this was okay. I didn't stop, as I continued to push the bastard backwards and away from his sister's body.

"Stop that!" Zeus shouted, pulling me away from Imset and towards the moping crowd. I silently stood there, not sure how to react to the woman I indeed cared about being hurt this way. "I am so sorry." Raina whispered to me as she walked towards me, holding my shoulder. I stared at her for a moment as an idea came to my mind, "Use your powers to go back in time. Maybe we can save her." Everyone was looking at me.

She looked down, "That's not how it works."

"Please." I pleaded as I held onto her shoulders.

"I am so sorry." She frowned as she refused to make eye contact with me.

"You have to try." I loudly declared.

"Quinn, you can't bring a soul back. It doesn't matter how powerful you are, you can't bring a dead person back. Otherwise she might lose a part of her completely. You have to let her go. She can only move forward." Zeus informed me, holding onto my shoulder as he spoke. I looked up and my eyes met with Horus who was clearly grief stricken. It was only at that point that I saw a shimmer of guilt and grief in his eyes, as if he wasn't referring to just Lea.

"She can only move forward." Hathor whispered loud enough for us all to hear. I stared at her as she whispered a few inaudible words to herself, making Anubis appear before us. The tears that swell up at her cheeks were unmistakable, no mother was ever meant to grieve for their dying child.

"Your highness." He bowed to her.

She bowed her head slightly before talking through her sobs, "Please make sure she gets to the other side safely." It was clear to me that even though her mother did not want to let go, she was doing what was best for her child. She loved her so much and nothing could ever change that.

Anubis nodded, "She is already on her way to safety." His words sounded like the most tragic news I had ever heard. I didn't dare myself to move in front of the Keeper of Death as I watched him lift her body and carry it in his arms, making sure that she seemed comfortable. "Do not worry, I will take care of her and protect her." He whispered warmly to Hathor before disappearing to ashes into the air with Nilea's body, taking her away from us.

"Everybody out!" Noah shouted, signalling for everyone to leave. I followed the King and Queen who stood up and did their very best to walk with their heads held high. Suddenly, they stopped walking, "He's gone." Horus announced as he searched the giant arena for his to-be-dead son, but he was gone.

"We'll find him later. Just head inside." Hapi advised, leading everyone back into the palace. The Greek Gods and Goddesses headed to the royal hall, being lead by the Egyptians, before the Royal family had disappeared for a while, only to return in different clothes, ones that did not have Lea's blood stained on it.