Chapter Twenty-Gods

Chapter Twenty

Gods

I eventually fall asleep on Bucky's couch while watching Say Yes. The only reason I wake up is because Steve bursts into the room with a certain blonde god in tow. Bucky and I are both off the couch in an instant, thinking there's an imminent attack headed our way.

"I've found a solution!" Steve announces and claps Thor on the shoulder. Thor's grinning at me like a treat.

"So, this is the little lightning girl. Hello!" He greets me and walks over to embrace me. I squeak a little in his strong arms and take a deep breath in when he releases me.

"Uh, hi." I look over at Steve for some guidance. He walks over me while Thor shakes Bucky's left hand joyously.

"He knows the most about lightning. I'm hopeful he'll be able to teach you how to control your...explosive talent." I roll my eyes at 'explosive talent' then look back at Thor. Trepidation fills me and I find myself crossing my arms.

"I don't know him, Steve," I remark with furrowed brows. Steve steps in front of me and I meet his blue eyes.

"He's a good guy. Give him a chance, Josephine." My eyes narrow at his use of my full name, but it tells me he means it. I tap my fingers on my arm and sidestep Steve to continue looking at Thor.

"For you," I answer curtly and walk to Thor before Steve can get all teary-eyed on me. "So," Thor turns around and looks down at me, "ready to start?" Thor's pretty blue eyes widen.

"An eager student! Yes, let us go outside so we don't upset Stark by destroying his building." He announces and grabs my arms, leaning down and holding my wrists in front of his neck. Shock keeps me complacent until he releases me and I'm forced to wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"What is going on?" I nearly shout as he jogs happily down the hall. His steps slow a little and he cranes his neck to see me.

"Is this not how one gains a young one's trust?" He asks, genuinely confused. I shut my eyes and sigh. I can't tell him.

"No, no, you're doing great." I pat his chest and shake my head as he grins and continues jogging until we're outside.

"Time for release, young one." I rappel off his broad shoulders and hit the ground on my feet. He turns towards me and crouches so he's the one looking up at me. "Alright! Show me something! Do not be afraid of hurting me either, I've taken many blows from giants and can stand another!" Thor dares, then sprints a few feet away and stands with his arms wide open. Eager to impress, and very much aware I can heal whatever harm I cause, I work on gathering the energy. 

A simple golf ball sized blast is what I throw first, but all it does is leave Thor's hair a little static-y. "Good! Again! Bigger!" He encourages. Huffing with the effort, I create a softball sized energy ball and throw it at his large chest. This blows him back a couple of feet and puts a big smile on his face. "Good! Bigger!" A little bit of worry bites at my heels, but I obey. My next trick is a laser and I make it a big one, although a tad smaller than last time. It hits Thor and he flies backward into the nearest pine tree.

"Oh, shit. You said bigger!" I shout and quickly release the energy into the sky, then sprint to Thor's side. He's still alive and coughing, thankfully. Laughter alerts me to another presence and I turn towards it in a defensive stance. A black haired, pale skinned god stands there in a black suit.

"Loki?" Thor finally speaks and stands. His clothes are a bit singed, but otherwise, he is unscathed. Good thing too, pretty sure Tony would ground me for forever if I killed one of his teammates.