Toy

Kamil

Pain was not something that could be dealt with in a day. And as I watched the woman I love wed another man, I felt my heart break all over again.

I knew it would take a while to feel whole.

I part of me felt sick at the thought that barely two weeks ago she had been writhing under me in ecstasy, promising sacred lies that never saw the light of day.

Lies that would forever stay between us.

I wondered how she would convince her husband that she had never been touched.

How she would erase all we had been through together for the past year, and give herself wholly to someone else.

How I would live with such insurmountable betrayal, feeling dead while blood ran warm in my veins.

The thought seemed impossible, and I knew if I gave it enough thought I would find reasons to not continue.

But I also knew I had to be strong, as a person.

Yes it hurt, and yes no one could possibly understand, because as a man I wasn't supposed to be this affected. But these things happen.

I knew I should not let this change me, or spiral out of control.

The cheers of happy relatives and friends shook me out off my reverie, and I felt my heart clench at the happy smiles of the newly wed couple.

As she was unveiled by her groom and others started inching closer to congratulate them, I caught her eyes briefly.

She looked as radiant as ever, in her traditional attire and beautifully carved jewels.

I held her eyes for milliseconds, hoping my message would be conveyed in spite of the miniscule time.

I looked at her a moment longer, and I said goodbye.

I bade my love farewell.