Chapter 1: Meeting a friend... from hell?

Sniff, sniff...
Damn those jerks, couldn't they drive any less faster? I still feel dizzy even though I'm dead. And now what's with this rotten smell?

I thought afterlife was peaceful, but it's got all the stink and dizziness! What's the point of being dead if it's the same as being alive. Of course, except for the fact that I'm in a totally different world.

All I can see is a dark road stretching as long as it can ahead of me and everything around is just pitch black. It's been around an hour walking on the road at least as far as I can remember.

It's hell creepy and the silence is creeping me out even more

It's hell creepy and the silence is creeping me out even more. I wonder what could be creeper than me dead and yet feeling creepy?!

Out with all the nonsense you crap head , saying myself I keep walking. The only things I can hear are my footsteps and heartbeat and that it's getting louder and louder every second!

When I was younger I heard my grandma say that after dead we arrive at a place called Helevan. Till now I found this name really weird and didn't care until I suddenly noticed a rusty old board in front of me at the corner of the street dangling from a pair of chains held by a short rotten stick! It says, "Helevan". I almost fell from where I was standing, sure now I can tell it's real, but I'm even more surprised to have actually understand what it said! How the freaking hell did I understand that language? Burying all these useless-for-now questions I curiously start walking towards it. Though dark and all I see is that rusty board yet I could feel that immense amount of energetic aura coming from behind the board.

Startled suddenly because of two sparkly blue eyes that's glowing from behind the board, I stopped. I could feel it's gaze piercing through my fragile body!
Even with that I could feel myself immensely drawn to the pair of eyes like they're calling out for me.

"Kkko pppo" is what you'd have heard if you were alive thinking it's some kid trying to say sweet words of cuteness!

The voice was deep yet loud. My legs trembled because this was the first time I ever heard such a voice. Though it's frightful it had quite the warmth in it.

Wait.. What am I even thinking?
So entranced by the voice I almost forgot what he said, "welcome here". My curiosity just flooded over all my fear and I somehow walked towards my beautiful angelic pair of shiny blue eyes.

The surrounding actually started to brighten up the more I walked towards it. Finally I was out of the pitch black and that never ending road and into a totally different world. I could feel immense energy rushing through my veins in the speed of light.

For a moment I was so lost that I didn't realize that I was forgetting something. Oh yes... The pair of blue eyes! I turned just to be frozen again when I saw a beautiful milky skinned lady with small pointy nose and soft reddy lips and pink rosy cheeks. Black long and silky hair till her waist almost floated like a goddess. Those beautiful angelic blue eyes and the beautiful long dress that almost looked like a fluffy cloud cover...

(Wait, wait... Something is not right! I thought I was writing a BL. What's with it being a girl?!!!)

Suddenly it's deep yet warm voice snap me out of the daze, "Are you Zhu Shen, the Guardian of the living?"

Hell with the guardian crap, but yes I'm your man Zhu Shen, my angelic... god? Wait, it's not a girl but a boy? As far as I remember I'm straight though I never really had any girlfriend when alive but I never really was attracted to men. Well this one is just on a totally different level. Even my sexuality had lost it in front of this dazzling beauty.

Suddenly I realised I was staring at this pretty face for quite sometime and he looked quite confused

Suddenly I realised I was staring at this pretty face for quite sometime and he looked quite confused. I quickly came to my senses and said, "Yes angel, I'm Zhu Shen, though I'm not sure about the guardian thing!"

He laughed slowly after listening to my answer and stared at me smiling. Damn it! My heart totally fell for it, his smile, that entrancing smile. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I didn't know what to do and smiled awkwardly at him not knowing why he's smiling like that.

Then he finally spoke after three seconds of awkwardness, "I'm not an angel, Sir Guardian." He not being an angel hit me more than the word "Sir". What? Not an angel? Come on. Just look at him. I can see him glowing like a million Stars.

"You're not an angel? Then?" I asked still staring at him.

"I'm a demon born with the character of an angel. I'm an angel born in the demonic realm." He said with a firm yet soft deep voice.

For a moment I was speechless but the only thing in my head was, Woah! Demon or angel, boy your cuteness and softness is melting my heart like an ice cream under the summer sun!

"well demon or not, you're my angel" I said putting up a smiling face with a hint of mischief!

Hearing me say that the demon slightly blushed. And I just couldn't stop staring at his cuteness!

"That said, you never told me your name..." Realizing I don't even know my Angel's name.

"Ah sorry Sir guardian, my name is Ling Xi"

"I don't know if I should ask this, but how old are you? You look so young!" I ask as I see him shyly smiling.

"I'm 23 years old as in your original world, Sir Guardian" He said little taken a back but yet calm.

"Woah! I actually thought it would be more like 400 or 500 as I saw in fairy tales and all!" Cannot believe at the fact that I am older than my angel!

"Sir Guardian, there are demons of 400 or a thousand or more. I'm a little different, I was born different and I'm the youngest. And I'll follow your lead Sir Guardian."

It suddenly struck my head, why am I talking like I've been staying here for days, forgetting everything that happened just before! I even forgot the fact that I'm dead and in a different world. Shouldn't the first question be, why am I here?

Not thinking much what my angel was talking, about demon history, as I'm only interested in my angel.

"Even though I don't get much of it, I wanted to ask, why am I here exactly? Aren't I like dead already?"

"Sir Guardian..."

"Stop! Stop! I don't know why you keep calling me Sir Guardian but it's really getting on my nerves my angel! Please just call me Shen or maybe Shen darling~?"

Smirking at the blushing guy and his cuteness I almost felt like devouring him at whole!