Chapter 39 / In Session.

A/N: Hey readers! I'll keep this short and sweet for you guys to continue reading. I have some upcoming news about this story later on in the book, I just have to handle some paperwork for it but stay tuned . . .

Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word of the Day:

Saudade (n.): A nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone that is distant or that has been loved and then lost; "the love that remains."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake never made it to my place and I continuously called her that night, there was no response nor answer. I started to get worried and wanted to check in on her but I didn't want to barge and interrupt her family matters, maybe she got stuck with them . . . Who knows. I cried the whole night not wanting the court trial to happen but it was for the best, I just wanted comfort and Blake wasn't there to provide that. She hasn't even given me a heads up on if she'll even be able to make it now to the trial.

I rested my eyes finally at four in the morning but had to be up at seven to prepare myself for the trial. Pierre, Nova, and Blake are supposed to be meeting me at my house and I would meet the lawyer at the courthouse except I don't know if Blake was going to show up. The night went by so quickly that when I woke up it felt like I was stuck in a dream still, everything was spinning and I kind of felt nauseous but today wasn't the day for throwing up. I just have to hold that baby barf in, which is kind of gross but my only option.

I woke up to brew coffee and checked my cell phone to see if Blake had either text or call, but there was nothing. She promised she would be here for today when eight o'clock rolled around Pierre and Nova showed up at my doorstep together hand in hand. I smiled yet frowned hoping it would be Blake, but to my disappointment, it wasn't.

"Wow, I'm sorry we weren't the people you were expecting," Pierre laughed.

"Blake's gone missing in action, she won't even answer her phone," I mumbled while pouring coffee for the three of us.

"I'll try giving her a call," Nova smiled softly and exited the door to make the phone call outside.

I started to prepare myself in professional clothing to seem presentable in front of the stand. Pierre was casually sipping his coffee in the kitchen while I buttoned up my white long sleeve blouse. I slid into my black pants and wore medium length heels so I wouldn't die from standing up for so long. I looked in the mirror to apply slight makeup and I couldn't help but stop before I put the concealer on, I looked at my eyes to see the bags underneath them.

"Damn crying and lack of sleep," I cursed to myself.

I heard a knock at my door causing me to mess up my mascara next and I sighed in defeat, I turned around to see Nova. She shook her head at me telling me she didn't answer and continued to say that she left her a voicemail at least two or three of them. I thanked her with a weak smile and proceeded to finish my face with the appliances I had to offer it. I wanted to cry again knowing I didn't have my comforting person, I mean we weren't a thing it's just she meant a lot to me.

Why would Blake all of a sudden go missing in action after everything we've been through, I mean, was she scared? Easy enough to say that I'm more terrified than her but maybe she left because she didn't want to deal with me again, maybe I was just a fling. I didn't know what to think at this point, there was nothing positive in this situation but I understand I already have a support system but I needed Blake.

I walked out of the bathroom and sighed in defeat, I laid on my bed and felt my whole body sink into it deeper. I wanted someone there and I needed that support, maybe Blake just wasn't ready I scrolled through my contacts and called Blake once more to see if she would pick up. The first line rung, the second, and then the third . . . Nothing. I closed my eyes shut tightly wanting this weird pain to go away, I felt like my body was decaying.