Burn Out ||Wenseulrene||

"Joohyun unnie! Sooyoung keeps smudging my lipstick!"

"I do not, Yerim! She's lying, Unnie."

Bae Joohyun sighed and glanced over from her spot at the makeup counter. The two youngest members of Red Velvet were bickering at their own seats, Yeri pouting heavily in their leader's directon. There were telltale traces of magenta lipstick on Yeri's chin and Sooyoung's thumb that confirmed the maknae's complaint.

"Park Sooyoung, stop pestering Yeri," Irene fixed them both with a stern look, "And both of you stop bickering so much."

"But-"

Joohyun turned in her seat and held up a hand to silence Joy's words, "Don't start, Sooyoung-ah. I won't take either of you out for shaved ice after the fansign if you keep acting like this." Her Daegu dialect made its way into her speech, as it often did when she was irritated, and the maknaes knew better than to argue when their leader let her accent slip.

At the threat of their treat being taken away, both girls immediately apologized to their leader. They turned away with a false look of shame; bouncing back almost immediately once Irene's focus on them dropped.

Joohyun rested her forehead on her closed fist, muttering nonsensically to herself. She was exhausted, to say the least. With their newest comeback receiving so much attention already, the girls were working nonstop. Fansign after concert after festival, SM was making sure Red Velvet's sales went up this era.

Of course, this came with many faults. Yeri ended up needing IV fluids three times during their first week of promotions, something that occurred quite often during a new comeback. This frustrated Irene to no end and she had gotten into yet another argument with the CEO over the matter. She had argued that Yerim was much too young to be dieting so hard and exercising so much, which was what caused her fainting spells and lack of energy.

Sooman apologized many times but never let up on their training, just ensured the resident medic knew to give the maknae fluids when she was too tired to perform. That didn't make Joohyun any happier and she had been hovering over her youngest member since promotions began, trying to ensure she got extra food and water whenever she could and rested as much as possible.

Additionally, Sooyoung hadn't been sleeping much and as a result was very grumpy. A grumpy Joy was never good, because she became almost completely silent and death glared anyone who came near her. This was, of course, not exactly desirable behaviour of an idol and Joohyun had to find ways to cheer up the sleep deprived maknae. She had realized a long time ago that both youngest members were food motivated, so promising them little treats after schedules made them perk up a bit.

Still, with all the added stress on top of their comeback, Joohyun was exhausted. She wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep for days, but she knew she couldn't do that. So she gave herself a minute to wallow in her self pity before switching back into leader mode; lifting her head and standing up.

She walked over to Sooyoung and Yeri, taking the package of fruit gummies they were fighting over. She quickly counted out the candies and gave each girl the same amount, warning them to behave because they were going on stage in 10 minutes. With that she left them munching away at their snack, in search of her two missing members.

"Seulgi-ah, Seungwannie, we're going on stage in ten! You need to get your mics checked," Joohyun called down the hallway. The two 24 year olds had disappeared 20 minutes before, with barely suppressed giggles and mischievous whispering. Joohyun had let them go, assuming that whatever they had planned wasn't going to hurt them or anyone else.

After 2 minutes of waiting, Joohyun sighed and asked their manager to go find the other girls. Almost immediately after he had disappeared out the door, he came back with Wendy and Seulgi in tow.