Chapter Eight

(A/N: Finally uploaded AND you get to meet the mysterious and beautiful Eva :D I hope you like it!)

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was still shaking with anger when I took us back to my house. I had sent Ben where he belonged; hell. I got a perverse sense of accomplishment when I pictured his ugly, screwed up face reacting to his melting bones. It had been easy; like snapping a toothpick.

"I can't believe you just did that!" Taylor's panic-stricken voice brought me back to the present and I couldn't help raising an eyebrow at her. "You- you killed him!"

"He was hurting you," I said, calmly. "Be grateful I didn't eat him."

Her face was white and I saw that her skin had erupted in goose bumps. I couldn't bring myself to care though. I was angry and slightly offended that she had turned on me. If I hadn't had been there, Ben could have injured her, or worse. I had killed him for her, couldn't she see what a big deal that was?

The sound of somebody clicking their tongue against the roof of their mouths caused both Taylor and I to jump in shock. I turned towards the front door and cursed myself at not locking it for a certain blonde was strolling through it like she owned the place.

Eva had finally arrived.

I couldn't help the dropping of my jaw, though. She was looking particularly gorgeous with her hair flowing down her back in locks and her mysterious green eyes twinkling with mischief, as they always did.

"Cat got your tongue Mary?" she teased, her voice ringing in my ears. I couldn't find my voice so I settled for a harsh glare to which she merely smirked at.

"Who the hell are you!?" Taylor exclaimed, making me jump again. I'd forgotten she was there for a second.

Eva turned to her and smiled. "Ah, so you're the human I've been told about."

I wasn't listening anymore. Relief was flowing through me now that I realised what Eva's arrival meant. I could relax for a little while until I figured out what our next move would be.

With her here, Taylor was finally safe.

Eva moved gracefully next to me on the couch and placed a casual hand on my thigh. I saw Taylor's eyes follow the movement and I bit my lip, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Uh, Eva, this is Taylor," I said clearing my throat. "Taylor, Eva."

Eva squeezed my thigh, hard and I almost yelped.

"What a...pleasure to meet you," Eva said. Her voice was warm enough but her smile was one of evil. Of course, nobody would have been able to tell but me so I gave her a sharp pinch on the arm.

"That wasn't very nice," she pouted, rubbing her skin.

"Behave then," I murmured.

Taylor was still standing in the middle of the room, looking as if she'd been electrocuted. It was clear that she wasn't taking any of this well and I fought back a growl of frustration. If only I hadn't been so idiotic, we wouldn't be in this situation.

"Taylor, please calm down," I said softly.

"C-calm down? You want me to calm down?" she shrieked and I winced.

Eva laughed in my ear. "You're not very good at this. Why don't you just charm her?"

"I would never do that," I hissed watching Taylor pace around in small circles, oblivious to our conversation.