Chapter 3

"Hey look a hotel up ahead" nick yells

We all start to get in. The weird part is that there are no zombies.

We all get paired into rooms. Francis and coach, Rochelle and nick, me and Ellis and then Louis said he will keep watch first.

Me and Ellis go down the hall and then walk into the room. it's medium sized but something makes me take in a big gasp.

One. bed.

Oh no. I have to sleep next to him. What if I reek of zombie. or if I move to much that he will get annoyed. or worse hog the covers. my thoughts are interrupted with a loud laugh.

I look up to see Ellis belly flopping onto the bed while giggling like a kid.

I laugh and tease "are you going to break our bed"

Hey looks up at me wide eyed for a moment but then relaxes and just shrugs his muscular shoulders.

Me and Ellis get the tv to work but there are no channels on. I run and open my bag to get one movie that I have brought with me since this whole shit went down.

Halloween.

I hold it up to Ellis and he looks at it confused. that's when it dawns on me. ellis, the man that I think I am in love with has never seen halloween.

"How could you" I say

"Never even heard of it zoey" he says

I roll my eyes as I put it in. I'm so excited because I love scary movies. I know almost every one and I still get scared at points.

I press play and then I start to get comfortable and lean my head up against the head board of the bed. Ellis is in the same position beside me.

I scream when Michael mirrors makes his first appearance and immediately Ellis grabs my hand in a soothing grasp.

I stare at are hands for a while and then look up at him and realize that he is to focused in the movie to even realize I'm staring at him. I start to go over how handsome his face is and his chin and his forehead and just everything about him. until Ellis jumps with a noise that sounds like 'guahhh'. I laugh and blush remembering that the movie was still on and that he must've got jumped scared.

When we finish the movie we turn off the tv and the light and start to get under the covers.

I have my back towards him because I am to nervous to say anything until Ellis speaks up.

"That sure was a real scary movie. but I am glad I saw it."

"It's my favorite movie" I say with a smirk

I hear him make a noise from the back of his throat. and then I shiver forgetting how cold it is in here.

I am so surprised when Ellis drapes an arm around me and pulls me into his warmth.

"I'll make you warmer darlin" he says "you know with the body heat"

I don't know what to say other than "thank you".

He hums a sound and then I hear his breathing start to get quieter with a slight goofy snore.

I put his arm closer to me while I intertwine our fingers and mumble a goodnight with a smile on my face.

------------------------------------------

I wake up and realize Ellis' arm is not protectively over me yet. but when I open my eyes I know why.

There is a note next to the bed that reads.

'Good morning darlin

Louis said the beach is only a half a mile from hear so Francis, coach, and I went to go check it out. We will be back before dark'

Ps. you hog the sheets but I don't mind.

I laugh and pull on my jacket and my jeans. I only realize now that I was in a bed with the Ellis while wearing only a tank top and painties. I blush just by the thought but then I go out the room to see what the others are doing. I see Rochelle and Louis looking at a map and then nick looks like he is trying to get a walkie talkie to work.

I'm about to help nick until the door slams open and a very tired Francis appears saying

"Get your shit we gotta go"

But I only have one thought in my head.

Where. is. ellis!