❆ News from Kattegat ❆

Elin remembers the night her mother died.

She was 10, still training her raven to get used to her command when she heard her mother's scream.

Like a child do, she ran as fast as she could to Birgit's chamber, only to witness a murder scene.

She could still pictured that in her head despite it was 6 years already.

"Our people in Kattegat spotted the Berserker."

Elin can't help but felt her skin tremble and goosebumps ran all over her body.

She could still hear the sound of his wool and his silver sword.

"Are you sure?" She heard the voice of her cousin, Amdis, who's sitting nearby her asked as he leaned forward.

"He got the silver sword with the mark of a thing that looks like a sowilo rune." The reporter responded.

It's him.

That Berserker son of a slave bitch.

She never forgot how he slit her mother's throat with the sword. The moonlight shone in the room and makes his silver sword glow.

That's how she noticed the mark of a sowilo rune on it.

Her mother's killer.

After 6 years of searching, she found him.

"Elin?" Amdis turned to her in an asking manner.

Elin closed her eyelashes, hiding her fear under those skin. Her hands which are resting on the stone armrest of her throne clenched and unclenched, causing her cousin to touched it caringly.

"Elin?"

She opened her eyes as her hands dig into the cold stone and push herself up from the throne which was laid with some wool in order to keep her warm and comfortable.

The whole hall which is full of the high ranked people of Raven Mountains went silent. The sound of fire cracking in the torch were all around.

The young queen's silk shoes made its way down the platform, towards the man who's kneeling in front of the throne.

Her pale, slim hand which was emerged out from the thick black wool cloak on her shoulders rests on the reporter's strong shoulder.

"Thank you." She said softly with a small smile.

"With pleasure, my queen." He replied, a proud smile spread across his young face.

"You can go now." She patted his shoulder heavily a few times before turning to her council.

"Tomorrow, I'll be leaving for Kattegat."

Some of the members look at each other and tried to convince her to change her decisions.

"My queen, it's too dangerous."

"Please considered again, my queen."

"My queen, you know that they were dozens of bad rumors about us. That's enough for them to hate us."

That sentence made her patience snapped.

"Oh." She chuckles, turning towards them.

"And now you're keeping me from avenging my mother?"

"My queen, I..."

"Don't call me 'my queen' if you're not really respecting me." Her voice darkened.

"My decisions are made." Elin said harshly as she stormed out of the hall, causing the whole crowd to stood up and bow their head to her as fast as they could.

"My queen!" The members were still trying to protested.

"I'm going to Kattegat. This is not a question to you all but it's a word from me." She snapped without taking a look back, exiting the stone hall as the guards slowly closed the door behind her.

"That was a bad choice." Amdis shook his shoulder to the council members and followed his sister.

ϟ

"Hey." Elin paused her hand which are stuffing her clothes into the wooden chest, turning to her cousin.

"Hey." She responded.

An awkward silent spread over her chamber for a long while.

Amdis sighed finally, he pulled her close to his chest as he kissed her temple heavily.

"Everything's going to be fine."

She furrowed her eyebrows and lean her face into his chest.

"I hope so, brother."

She can't help but trembled when she think of that Berserker's evil pair of eyes.

"We'll get him, okay? Our people in Kattegat are keeping their eyes on him. He will never get away again." His hand stroke her blonde hair which were braided and tie into a braid bun softly.

She hummed in respond, touching his hands and push him out softly.

"You should go, tomorrow's going to be a long day. We have to travel for 2 nights."

"Okay." Her cousin kisses her hair one more time as his tall figure spinned out.

Elin have to admit, despite she's a bit older than him, he's taller than her now.

"And don't forget to take your sword with you, maybe we could practise." He poked his face out of the hallway.

"How dare you gave me command?"

"I'm your assistant!" His voice echoed the stone way.

"I'm older than you!"

"Just two months older than me doesn't make you my big sister." He grinned.

Elin responded by grabbing her dagger from the desk and throw it to him.

Of course she knows that his reflexes are fast enough to not get himself pierced by a small dagger.

Her cousin quickly dodged out, disappearing from her sight, causing the weapon to stuck into the stone wall.

His signature laugh echoed and faded through the stone cold hallways.

See? He got the reflexes