❆ The Truth ❆

Elin take one more look at the silver weapon in her hands as she walk down the platform to the Berserker on the ground.

The sword was cold, cold as ice. The mark of the Sowilo rune was carved beautifully and caringly deep into the blade near the hilt.

Without knowing, her pale hand clenched onto the handle so hard that she could feel her muscles stretched and growled with pain. Her fingers dig into the leather strap which was wrapped around the blade part to avoid her from cutting her own hand.

The young queen grabbed the leather part and tear it away from the sword.

It's too beautiful. More like a sword of the nobles.

All the blade was made of silver. It was too precious for the warriors like the Berserker.

This man would never yield a sword this expensive.

"Look at me." Elin ordered lightly.

He still look down to the ground beneath him, no response.

"Look at me." She said again with more demanding manner.

His body started to tremble, but still, no response.

She dimmed her eyes down.

Suddenly, the silver sword strikes down heavily, making a loud clanging noise that echoes and made everyone flinched, leaving a deep mark on the stone floor, just a few inches from the Berserker who's kneeling in front of her.

"I said..." Elin snarled between her teeth.

"Look at me."

The man breaths shakily as he tried to lift up his trembling face and look at her.

"Who are you?" She asked with the normal tone.

"K-Kerr." He answered fearfully.

"Who is your master? Where are you from?" Amdis stepped up and touches his sister's arm gently.

"I-I'm a mercenary Berserker. My home is far north."

"You yield this sword and use it to murder my mother, do you deny it?" She questioned coldly.

He quickly turned his face to her, shocking and terrifying.

"No! I know nothing about murdering anyone!"

"But this sword is yours, isn't it?" Hagen moved quietly to her side.

"Let me take care of this man, my queen."

Elin just glared at him a little bit and gazed back at Kerr.

"What happened 6 years ago?" The tall boy look down at the berserker.

"I was still an ordinary man who cuts down trees to make the firewood for my family." Kerr bow his head.

The young queen quietly frowned. She hated to say it but she saw truth in his brown eyes.

Impossible. This man had the murder weapon, the one that cuts her mother's throat open. He's the very first one in the row of suspects.

"No, you sneaked into the castle of the Raven Mountains and murdered the queen. Confess it." Her cousin command.

"What? No..."

"Hell yes. You climbed the walls when the sky is dark and the moon was obscured by the clouds." Amdis stepped closer.

"I don't know what are you all talking about!! I just started this job two years ago!!" The man yelled.

"And where did you take the sword? You're going to say that the weapon just popped out from nowhere and belongs to you?" The thin man in the cloak beside her raised his eyebrows.

"I...I" Kerr looks confused and uncomfortable, beads of sweat appears on his forehead.

"I don't know. I don't know." He said repeatedly, gasping madly.

"Looks like the suspect is not ready to give us the information anymore." Hagen pushes his fingers together coldly.

"Let's stop the trial here before he would gone mad because of depression." Amdis turned to her in a suggesting manner.

Elin sighed and nodded.