ten

~third person pov~

~

daniel's feet hit the asphalt as he quickly walks down the street, the only light coming from the street lamps.

every now and then a car drives past, the driver giving him a strange look. probably because of how late it is, right? not because of how skinny and unhealthy he is, right? right?

he pushes the door open to the pharmacy, seeing a old looking woman running the counter. she smiled and daniel nods, looking for the area in which they sell nyquil. once he finds it, he searches the shelves.

at this point, he's willing to buy any pills. to much of any pill can kill you - right?

but what he needs for a painless death? if done right, that is of course, is sleeping pills. enough sleeping pills can put him to sleep, and in correct events, he'll never wake up.

how did he come to this conclusion?

the figures. the voices in his head. they've driven him insane.

they taunt him. they say he's making a difference. he's proving everyone wrong. everyone thought he was stable, and sane, but he isn't. he's slowly driven himself to where he is now.

once everyone realizes how they left him, they'll change. they'll act differently - right?

daniel stares at the yellow box. it's some generic brand of sleeping pills, but they're cheaper. daniel quickly grabs two of them, walking back up to the counter. he puts them on the marble counter top, grabbing his wallet.

"lots of sleepless nights huh?" the clerk asks, smiling. daniel chuckles and nods. "yeah.." if only she knew.

she scans them and daniel trades his money for the pills, telling her to keep the change before grabbing the pills and leaving. he doesn't know when he's going to use the pills.

sometime when anna, keri, or jeff isn't home. maybe when they take anna out to dinner to celebrate her good grades, which is on friday.

today is monday.

daniel thinks about his plan. technically, that's four more days. daniel nods, turning the corner. he glances ahead of him. the lights flicker. it doesn't scare him, though.

he's not scared of anything anymore, not even the 'monsters in the dark.' why?

because he is the monster in the dark.

daniel gets home, shutting the door behind him quietly. he kicks off his shoes, prior to running up the stairs.

he walks to the end of the hallway before taking a right, stepping into his bedroom. he walks into his bathroom, opening his cabinet that he used to open every morning. he grabs his orange container of pills, stuffing them into the bag his sleeping pills were also in.

he hides them behind his toilet. he smirks and leaves his bathroom, pulling off his shirt and sweatpants. he sits on his bed, drawing his knees to his chest.

daniel stares out his window. if he jumped from the roof and landed correctly he could die - right?

he shakes the thought away. he already has his plan. he drifts his attention away from it, grabbing his phone.

daniel stares at the device before unlocking it and going to his contacts. he clicks jack's, or which his phone his name is 'jacky 💕.'

daniel slowly types at the keyboard before sending his message.

'i'll be at your house tomorrow @ 11, so be awake.'

he doesn't receive a text back. who the fuck would receive one back? it's two in the fucking morning!

daniel sighs, setting his phone down. he rests into the silk duvet, letting the darkness and voices take over.

~

a/n

i actually really like how this is coming out.

plz don't hate me :')

anyways, love you b! keep doing ya thing! bye!

(unedited)

8/10/18