Chapter 8

"Sunpaw!" The tom was walking and looked down at his paws and turned around sighing but before he could react the cat pushed him into the darkness and all he could do was make out the cat's bright blue eyes. "M-Mousenose?" He asked but the cat placed their paw on his mouth and smiled. "No, but I am someone he does know!" The voice seemed threating and Sunpaw jumped up growling. "Leave him alone unless you want your throat slit open!" The cat just nodded without saying a word and walked off confusing Sunpaw deeply. 

"Got you!" A brown and black kit pounced on Sunpaw's tail who groaned while Duskfang laughed. "Why did I have to watch Lostflame's kits with you?" Sunpaw asked looking at the she-cat who laughed. "Lostflame needed someone to watch her kits while Wolfclaw showed her the territory and since I've become a warrior at a young age and was still not considered to fully be a warrior I needed someone to help me as I don't know anything about kits!" ∘So me being younger somehow is so much help?∘ Sunpaw got to his paws and was about to walk off but a white and brown she-cat bit his leg holding him back and he wanted to shout at the kit but refused to yell at the kit turning his head to Duskfang. "I bet you just wanted to see me!" The tom joked around and watched to see the she-cat get flustered. "I'm joking!" He shouted looking at the kits and turned to Duskfang. "What are their names by the way?" The kits were only a couple moons old which he would have to wait a while to ask Flamestar if Duskfang could mentor one of them. "Burntkit, Doekit, and Patchkit." A brown she-cat with amber eyes walked in smiling looking down at her kits. "O-oh okay!" Sunpaw said awkwardly leaving the nursery with Duskfang and before he could say another word he was cut off by the leader.

"All cats old enough to catch you're own prey gather around!" ∘Another ceremony? Did one of the cats do something so amazing they are getting an early ceremony like her kin probably?∘ Sunpaw sat beside his friend and smiled seeing his other friend but the warrior completely passed him and decided to sit beside Blackbird. ∘Mousenose?∘

"Aren't you going to congratulate Newheart?" Sunpaw snapped back in reality nodding walking over to the tom but froze seeing Mousenose and hoped the tom who snap him back but Blackbird walked over to him smiling widely and whispered into his ear, "he doesn't think the same way about you and nobody ever will." Sunpaw wanted to shout but couldn't in front of everyone like he did before and just decided to keep on running until his thoughts were gone. 

∘If she's going to tell me that nobody will ever love me why didn't she just kill me so I could see Quietpaw again?∘ Sunpaw cried and kept on walking back and forth feeling pain in his heart and mind and he remembered the thunderpath and smiled knowing an easy way to get into Starclan and smiled placing a paw down and closed his eyes as he slowly began walking and completely froze looking over to a monster and he must have faded because he was really confused waking up on the grass with Duskfang standing over him.

"How did you find me?" Was the first thing he asked looking at the she-cat who walked away and looked down. "I could feel the pain you were feeling and knew you were do something mouse-brained like this..." The she-cat admitted as Sunpaw walked closer to you. "Have you tried to do the same?" He asked and the she-cat shook her head no looking down. "This cat that looked a lot like our deputy but had amber eyes and was a she-cat touched noses with me telling me to use the power to feel pain to help those suffering from the pain I feel...and I did what she said." Tears streamed down the young warrior's face as she spoke to the apprentice who felt guilty. "Did she mention a prophecy?" Sunpaw asked looking up but the she-cat shook her head no sighing. "Well, kind of but I'm just there to help the cats not to be part of it..." 

"Lucky!" Sunpaw smiled sitting beside her wrapping his tail with hers and she turned to him and whispered, "you will shortly become a warrior, my love." Sunpaw was flustered by her words turning away and shook his head no and did the thing Mousenose did to him. ∘Blackbird is a cold-hearted liar...just like her brother.∘