Trois

The party ended at three a.m, and Audrey and I had to stay up until four to clean up. Eventually we had both collapsed into our beds, her in her bedroom and me in the guest room.

     Interestingly enough, Audrey's two bedrooms were much more minimalistic than her living room. The majority of the room I was staying in was white and a pale, almost light grey, blue. I really appreciated the small potted succulent on the nightstand. 

     I tossed and turned, turned and tossed, but I could not fall asleep. All I could think about is Timothée. It was a nightmare. He was a nightmare. He was a nightmare for me in France just as he was now. After France, I never wanted to see him again. But of course, with my luck the world is small. Very, very small.

     Eventually sleeping felt like a chore. I checked my phone- it was 8:27 in the morning. Audrey was out cold, and I didn't think that she'd wake up in time for breakfast. I decided to rummage threw her kitchen and find something to eat for breakfast. 

     I went through plenty of cabinets and drawers before finding a bowl, a spoon, and cereal. Lucky Charms for breakfast- my favorite. I poured cereal in my bowl and then went to her refrigerator for the milk.  After I poured in the milk and put it away, I settled on a stool in front of the island and began to eat. 

     I checked my email as I ate breakfast. I began skimming through my email when I noticed that the editors at the magazine company emailed me about my assignment. Excitement rushed through me as I tapped on the email. I was absolutely ecstatic to get to start my assignment.

     The assignment wan't one that was able to be planned- it was simply to follow Jodie Comer around and learn more about her and her life for two months. It would be two months of several notes, blurbs of writing, photographs, and videos. I'd experience everything she experienced. I'd travel with her, I'd go to a plethora of events with her, etc...  And at the end of it all, my job was to write a truthful article that presented the real Jodie Comer to the public. This was one of my most exciting projects yet. 

Emory Smith <emorysmith@fakeemail.com>

to me

7:33 am

    Good Morning Nadia Cole,

You were scheduled to meet Jodie Comer next Friday at a designated time and place. From there, we had planned for you to collect information on Jodie Comer for a two month period. However, after reviewing the plan with my colleagues, we have all decided to change your assignment. 

We felt that another candidate was better suited to spend time with and write an article about Ms. Comer. We also felt that you were better suited to do the same with the person that the other candidate was originally assigned to. So, we gave them your assignment and vice-versa.

For the next two months, you will be assigned to write an article on Timothée Chalamet. He is an extremely talented up and coming actor. It is an honor bestowed upon you to write an article on him, as he will for sure take the film industry by storm with his innate acting abilities as he has already done in the past. 

We have switched your assignment to focus on Mr. Chalamet because we trust that you will excel. We also trust that you will not let our company down. This Wednesday, we have arranged for you to meet Mr. Chalamet at the Bowery hotel. be in the lobby for check-in by 5:30 pm. You are expected to meet Mr. Chalamet  and guests of his choosing at the restaurant, Gemma, at 7:00pm. Then, you will be staying at the hotel for one night before Mr. Chalamet pursues his schedule, starting with traveling to Budapest, Hungary. Good luck. 

From the desk of Emory Smith

     I nearly choked on my cereal five times as I was reading the email. At first I was outright dumbfounded. Stupefied. But that confusion and astonishment quickly disappeared and I was absolutely livid.