Seize

My eyes were still closed as I reached over to the nightstand where my phone was charging. Eventually I grabbed it and yanked it off of its charger. Its brightness stung my eyes as I checked the time. 2:47 am. I had attempted to sleep for what had to be half an hour now.

     I was extremely drowsy, yet I couldn't sleep. After tossing and turning a few more times I decided to text Timothée. We still had each other's numbers from last summer even though we had refused to talk to each other.  

Messages

Me

timothée can u do me a huge favor???

Timothée

lmao I haven't seen texts from you in a longgg time

y tho

Me

bc im BEGGING YOU

Timothée

alright, alright wdyw

Me

can u pick up some melatonin from the store in the lobby? 0.5 mg 

On your way back ofc

Timothée

yeah, iomw to the hotel rn

Me

thank you!!!

Timothée

you sound rlly energetic for someone who should be sleeping

Me

1.) duh no one sounds the same over text

2.)that's what the melatonin is for dummy

Timothée

thanks, omw

     I plugged my phone back up before snuggling under the blankets. Since I couldn't sleep I settled for staring at the ceiling. 

     When Timothée came back I buried my face under my pillow to avoid the bright lights. Then I removed it, slowly adjusting to the brightness of the room.

     "I brought some food back just in case," Timothée explained. He held up the bag for emphasis. "Here's the melatonin. I got a cup of water, too. For swallowing."

    He walked over and handed me the bottle of Melatonin and cup of water. I readily took both. "Thank you so much." 

     "No problem," he murmured as he put the leftovers in the mini fridge below the desk. As he moved to his luggage, I popped a single tabelet in my mouth and drowned it with water. "I'm gonna go shower." He was usually a morning showerer, but I guess tonight had been an exception.