Chapter Thirteen

Dave's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lean against the chair as I look outside of the window, the clouds are gray and ominous. The raindrops are falling slowly, while the cold air is breezing.

The door opens, revealing smug looking Jeremy. His face is fucked up as he walks at my direction. He sits on one of the armchairs in front of me and leans against it.

"Well?" I question him tiredly, this talk has been postponed enough. "What have you found?"

"The rumors are true." He sighs and looks straight into my eyes. "They are... alive. And I think they will be coming after her." He adds and looks away from me.

"What do you suggest?" I ask irritated, not knowing what to do anymore.

"Do not tell her." He whispers as his look shifts back to me. "She has changed even more, since I have left."

"Of course she has." I sigh and rub my temples. "She is getting caught in the darkness even more. Sometimes, it feels that its impossible to connect to her, anymore." I look straight in his eyes and lower my voice. "She can't be same anymore. She isn't the old, cheerful, happy to go anymore."

"Dave..." Jeremy starts in lower voice and leans closer. "Every demon has his own angel. And she has lost her demons... Now, she is becoming one. Find an angel, who can bring light back to her." He whispers and stands up, leaving the room without any other words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though, I never talk to her anymore, I keep my eye on her all the time. I still remember the smiles, she has on her face all the time. And I remember the paint stains on her clothes. She even used to sing loudly for everyone to hear.

But now, she is doing none of them. The colorful clothes have disappeared and only smiles she is giving out are fake.

I sigh as I turn at others. They have been talking about her for past an hour, and none of them are close to discovering what has happened to her.

The truth is nagging me to tell them what has happened to them, but I know that it is not my place to say it.

"Maxie!" She smiles at me when notices my existence next to her. The strawberry blonde curls fall on her face, covering her beautiful hazel eyes. "What's up?" Her voice is smooth and gentle, nothing like Alex.

"Nothing, much." I shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes. I sit next to her on the grass and have a peek at the book she is holding. "How are you?" I ask her and push her hair behind.

"I am fine." She whispers and closes her eyes. Her lips are quivering and her voice is broken. "It's just... I don't understand... I don't know what Alex was doing there... And now she blames me..." she whispers and glares down at the ground. "Maybe it was my fault, after all."

"Don't be silly." I whisper and smile. "You knew nothing about it."

"Max." Cameron stands by me. His smart eyes are studying me carefully, trying to find something. "Usually, you aren't this quite." He points out and gathers everyone's attention to me. "What do you have to say about, her?"

"Nothing, I guess." I shrug my shoulder and shake my head. I know everything about her. I know her. And yet, I can say nothing about her. "But... I don't think that trusting her is a good idea." I add in a lower voice.

Even though, she is my friend, I have to keep away the gang from the wolves. And I know that she is one of them.

"Why?" Theo looks directly in my eyes. He trusts me and lying to him makes me feel uneasy.

"She is friends with the Wolves. I don't think that trusting her will be a good option." I add with tired sigh and rub my temples.

"Yes. She is a friend." Theo adds a bit annoyed. I can tell that he starts liking her. But he doesn't even know her. And I am scared of what he might think when True Cassie shows her face. "She is not a gang member. And moreover, she was running away from them. Crying." He points out, which leads me into another thinking whirlpool.

They are always careful not to hurt her. They try to keep her away from danger... and they would never let her run away without the ring on her hand. Which wasn't there when we encountered.

It can only mean one thing. Cassie left the gang.