Memories

Austin's POV

I sat on the wooden floor helplessly holding in my tears but I couldn't do it. It was impossible for me to do such thing.

Could I ever go a day without harming myself. I imagined how much my mother worked to help me get where I am today. How my dad would take me to my soccer games every Saturday morning to go watch his only son be someone in life.

But what happens when that perfect little boy gets ruined. when it feels like everything in him is losing its battle. what happens then?

How everyone at school made fun of him. the way people judged him for what he did.

what about.. what about the fact everyone blamed him for his girlfriends death.

I stood up & stared straight towards my blank face.

before I knew it. I was going insane to find my blade.

nothing.

I tried looking for my knife.

nothing.

my razors under my bed.

none.

even my pencil sharpener for crying out loud.

nothing. nothing was there. I felt helpless. like if I'd go insane if I couldn't find my old friends.

Before I knew it. I was in my closet throwing everything to find a razor I hid I between my favorite book.

I went insane looking for this little piece of metal. until I heard a thump. I turned around. A beautiful blue box had fallen from my shelf. it was wrapped with this beautiful lace ribbon. suddenly remembering where it came from. I smiled at the thought.

"Austin we really need to get going. come on. were going to be late, we can't do this again to your mom"

I walked down the stairs to not only see a beautiful girl standing at the bottom with an unbelieveable smile. but a box.

a light blue colored box. I smiled.

"sweetie what's this?" I asked followed by a small Peck on the lips.

"its for you. an early birthday present since I'll be out of town for the week.. here. open it. I hope you like it" she smiled.

I opened the box to see a beautiful white lace ribbon tied around what looked like dozens & dozens of photos.

"I would've put them in a frame. but I could never choose which one was the best one to put up. I love them all. so I'd thought you would do it"

"I love them. how about I'll put it in the box. this box will be filled with memories. our memories.. so when were old. we'all look & laugh at our youth."

" baby that's perfect" she smiled & gave me a hug. which made the box fall out of my hand

"oops. Im sorry sweetie. I'll help you."

As she picked up one picture at a time. I stumbled upon one picture that caught my eye.

"is this.. is this the day I was at the hospital?"

"oh yea.. that wasn't meant to be in there.. I"

"no baby I like it. Im so glad you were there for me when I needed you"

"I'll go to the ends of the earth for you" she smiled.

And to be sure. there it was. at the top of the whole stack of photos. that one.

where she lay there with me on the hospital bed. the way she did every night to make sure I was okay.

I smiled. "baby I miss you..."