How Round 1 Judging Works

Each judge will read 2 chapters. This is really to just get a feel for the story and the characters. The two chapters can include Prologues. If the judge feels like reading on then they can but remember that there is also Round 2 were you will be reading more the contestants' stories. 

Judging Scores

Title: /5

Cover: /5

Does the cover entice you and make you want to read the blurb/summary?

Summary/Blurb: /10

Does the blurb make you want to read the story?

Creativity: /10

Is it cliche? Is it believable? Are you on the edge of your seat? 

Characterization: /10

Total Score: /40 

***Judges will pm me this form above. Judges make sure to add at least one sentence explaining why the book got the score it did for each category.***

The genres that contain 25 books will drop down to 10 books. So that means that 15 books will not be able to compete and move onto Round 2.

The genres that contain 30 books will drop down to 15 books. So that also means that 15 books will not move on.

This does not mean that your story is not good!!!! Everyone is different and everyone has different things they like and dislike. I will make sure judges are fair so this contest is fun and enjoyable for everyone!!!! :)

 I will make sure judges are fair so this contest is fun and enjoyable for everyone!!!! :)