Chapter 25

Brandt POV

Once again director Hunley and I were sitting in front of a councilmen again.

"Director Hunley" they said getting his attention once again.

"6 months ago you stood before this panel and demanded that the IMF be dissolved." The councilmen said.

"That is correct sir." Hunley stated.

"How do you explain your testimony today?" he asked.

"It's quite easy really. We had reason to believe that the Syndicate had infiltrated our government at the highest level. In order for our man to infiltrate that organization the cover had to be absolute. The operation was known only to myself and a handful of IMF agents." Hunley replied.

"So the shuttering of the IMF was all part of an elaborate scheme to expose the so called Syndicate?" he asked him.

"That is correct sir." Hunley replied.

"So you're here today to ask that the IMF be reinstated." He asked Hunley.

"That is correct sir." He answered. The councilmen all looked around at each other.

"I'm not sure the council approves of your methods director Hunley."

"Desperate times, desperate measures, Mr. Chairmen." Hunley replied using Ethans words.

"And you Mr. Brandt, how can you justify this deception?" He asked me.

"I can neither confirm nor deny any details of any operation without the secretaries approval." I said once again. They looked at me like 'of course you can't'. We walked out, it was over. We did it!!

"Welcome to the IMF, Mr. Secretary." I told Hunley once we were out. He smiled and we walked out of the court room walking to his car and driving off. I walked out into the sunshine. It was a beautiful day to be alive. I saw Kensi standing on the stairs outside with Ethan, Benji and Luther. They all smiled at me.

"How'd it go?" Ethan asked.

"We're back." I told him smiling and hugging Kensi. I needed to ask her something important.

"So lunch anyone?" She asked all of us.

"Yeah" We all agreed mutually upon a pizza place where we could go and just talk about our previous mission together. I was interested in knowing her part in it. We sat down at our table and Luther, Benji, Ethan and I all looked at each other then at Kensi.

"What??" She asked skeptical she had a cut on her face from where a knife must've cut her when she was fighting.

"So what's your story?" Ethan asked.

"Well you know half of it." She told him.

"But the rest of us don't" I intervened.

"Okay fine. After I left you guys I stuck to my word and went to Iceland. I happen to have a house there and I stayed there for a couple months as I tracked down the people who shot me which happened to be Lane and Ilsa. So I used my IMF resources and got her using facial recognition. I learned she was British Intelligence so I went to Attlee. Long story short I've known him for a long time because he tried to recruit me..."

"Wait what???!" Benji exclaimed. She just smiled and laughed then continued with her story.

"I was 16 when I was recruited by both MI6 and the IMF. I obviously choose the IMF... Anyway... After I did that the pieces fell into place. I had to find Ilsa so I did by Attlees doing which led me to find her in Austria and the rest is history." She explained. I wanted to know more though, however, I would question her later. We just decided to have lunch with our colleagues for now. We laughed over things we had done over a year ago. It's been about a year since I'd seen her, that was particularly insane to me. Yet, I still loved her. After lunch was over we all decided that a couple days later we would get together again for dinner. We all walked out of the restaurant and went separate ways. I walked around with Kensi for a while but something was eating at me. I had made an extra key for my apartment and I really wanted to give it to her but I wasn't sure how to ask her to move in with me after all it and been a year since I'd seen her. I held her hand as we were walking around some park. We sat down on a bench and I took her hand in mine an held it for a second.

"I thought I'd lost you. It was hell not knowing where you were, if you were dead or alive." I told her finally. She smiled a sad smile at me.

"I know Will. I'm so sorry. But I needed to get him for closure." She explained, I nodded understandingly.

"So Kensi I was wondering, where are you going to be staying?" I asked chickening out at last minute.

"Well I was going to crash at Ethans or Benjis place for a while til I found my own." She told me.

"What would you say if I asked you to move in with me?" I asked her finally.

"Will, are you serious?? I don't wanna be a burden or anything.." She countered making sure I was okay with it.

"I love you, you could never be a burden. Please Kensi move in with me?" I asked her.

"Okay, okay I will." She said with a giant smile on her face.

"I love you." She added in.
"I love you too." I replied. She then rested her head on my shoulder and we just sat there to watch the sunset til it got too dark to see and we walked back to my place hand in hand.