WAVES

Representation of Mauyu Choosing Rickell in MM
Please listen to the music linked above. (Swipe left)
NOTE: All the graphics/music used in this book are not mine. They are used for creative imagery only.

Kiba POV
Adjusting the straps of her black leather backpack Kiba, pressed the bottom that signaled to the bus driver she was ready to get off at her stop. She hopped off only a block down from the enclosed brick building labeled "MC'BOOTY'S Jungle GYALS!" In large, multicolored neon letters. Her most recent place of employment. She had just turned 18 and was legally able to become a stripper.

Stripping was not Kiba's first choice of employment ,but when she learned how much money they could make after one week. She threw all her doubts aside and spent most of my 17TH year taking pole classes with money she had earned from working at a local thrift store and babysitting;  all while going to school. She was determined to graduate high school; college on the other hand, she wasn't too excited about. She didn't feel it was necessary for her to live a good life to get some piece of paper that the white man deemed as credible to work in their businesses building their "American Dream." However, she did want to go to cosmetology school and open her own nail/hair salon shop. That was a dream she could get into and stripping would help pay for it, amongst other things.

McBooty's was one of the top gentleman's club in Philly Falls despite its ghetto name and location in North Philly Falls on Diamond street. According to the grapevine, it was hard to get hired as a dancer there ,because of its rigorous audition process. Kiba had made it through the skin of her teeth and honestly was grateful she did. The clientele here ran from local to international celebritys. Which meant the money was better than good.

She walked up the dimly lit block past the usual corner boys, who were arguing over a gambling game and crackheads that nodded their heads at me in acknowledgement. Around here you were better off getting to know someone with simple nod rather than be at the wrong end of their gun. The brick building stood dormant ,but when 10pm came it transformed into a venue straight off the vegas strip. Showing her badge to the security guard at the employee entrance she walked in.

The scent of weed and tobacco mixed with cleaning solution filled her nostrils as she walked deeper into the venue. The staff were busy cleaning and getting the club ready for tonight.
"There's my sweet school gyal, Kiba, always on time ye." His raspy, thick Jamaican/Philly Falls accent was in ear shot of her.

Kiba turned toward the bar to see Mac, the owner of the club in flashy purple pimp suit  dressed as if he was stuck in the 80's. He handed one of the bartenders a folder he was holding and pimp walked his way over to her. Despite his outdated, corny demenour she actually liked him as person.

"How you doing Mac?" I asked in response giving him a quick side hug.

"I'm blessed, thank Jah. Ye know me lik wen yuh on time. Unlike these otha lazy bitches here. Yuh got respect fah time and in turn respect fah me. Ye?" He said as he blew a puff of smoke to the side , swapping his joint in his other hand and he reached for something in his pockets.

"Yeah, of course. You know I be getting off after school on these days. So it make sense for me just to come straight here." She said wondering what he was getting at. She didn't want to mention that going home to her hording, kleptomanic foster mother wasn't much of an option for her.

"Nah, not just that every day yuh come ya on time. Yuh respectful to all the guest and I hear no complaints from the other gyals, even Alesha and Jah know.... that gyal complain bout erthang ." He said shaking his head at the mention of one of his Veteran girls named Alesha that he had an off and on thing with.