Chapter Seven - Pinkie Promise

Another school day ended, Lucy was feeling numb. She didn't get as much trash coments as usual. She wondered why, but soon threw that thought away.

"Hey! Nat..su..?" Said Lucy as she saw Natsu and a white-haired girl talking. Of course, she wanted to go and listen, but she figured it wasn't polite, so she just waited until they were finished.

"Oi Luce!" Yelled Natsu, 5 minutes after. Lucy looked at him and put her phone in the bag.

"Hey.." She said. She didn't know what to say, she didn't know if he still remembered the part where they go and she tells him everything.

Lucy felt scared, her anxiety kicking in. She started to sweat a little.

"Ready to go?" Natsu said, getting a piece of Lucy's hair and putting it behind her ear to make her even cuter, if that was possible (in Natsu's opinion).

"I don't know... I'm just scared." She said, her face warm from Natsu's touch.

"You can trust me... Cross my heart and hope to die." He said as his hands made movements hrom his heart to his neck.

"Give me your pinkie." Natsu said and Lucy did as he said.

"Now... I promise I'll never betray or ever tell anyone anything you tell me, until you want me to." He said with confidence as Lucy's cheks warmed up.

"Thank you, and I promise to help you if you ever need me. Even if you hurt me." Lucy responded as they officially made a pinkie-promise.

~At the meadow~

"Wow..." Was heard from Natsu, he looked around and admired everything in his view, it was truly breathtaking. They were in the clearing and around them was forest. Flowers off any kind you could imagine, little ladybugs flying around and many more.

"I know, I loved this place ever since I was little." Lucy said, sitting on the ground. Natsu sat down as well. Wind was blowing lightly, making their hair move in sinc.

"Now, start explaining." Natsu said while Lucy nodded, looking away.

"Well.. it all started when my mom and dad started to fight more than ever, I think it was 9 years ago. I was 8, in my room, listening all the screaming. I still remember mom's voice yelling at my dad to stop, but he was too drunk to listen. Later, I heard a something smashing, so I ran to them, I wanted to see if they were okay. When I got there my mom was on the floor bleeding from her head. I remember her saying 'Go back to your room sweetie and don't come out until I come to you, okay?' I did as she said and then, few months later, she left without a trace. That was the time my dad started abusing me, torturing me..." Lucy stopped, she started to shake as all the memories came back to her.

She put her palm on her head as it started to hurt, her eyes were covered by her bangs. Natsu noticed, he didn't know what to do. All that came to his mind was to hold her.

"Are you okay? You can stop and tell me the rest later." Natsu said, sitting beside her. He put his muscular arm around her shoulder and let her lean on him. Few moments passed and Lucy continued.

"Anyway, it wasn't that bad at first. Back at the beggining the worst thing he would do was slapping and screaming insults into my face. But, as years continued he made his own torture area in the basement. He would pinn me down and kick me, punch me, cut me, burn me." She said and rolled both of her sleeves up. Natsu could barely see any clear spot on her arm, there was so many cuts and bruises. Natsu tightened his grip on Lucy and clunched his fist in anger.

"Are you okay, Natsu?" Lucy asked as she felt his grip tightening. As she looked up, his eyes were covered by his bangs, he was shaking badly, too. He was so angry that if he punched a wall, his fist would go right thru.

"Natsu, don't get frustrated. I'm fine, I can take it." She said, putting her hand on his.

"How can I not?!! He's gonna pay for what he did! I'LL MAKE HIM PAY 100 TIMES OVER!!" Natsu roared and stood up, attempting to leave. Right as he was about to run, he felt someone's arms around his torso and chest, that emediatelly made him stop.

"Please don't... He'll eventually stop." Lucy's wisper calmed him down, but he still wanted to twist her dad's neck.

"YEAH, HE'LL STOP WHEN HE KILLS YOU, LUCY! YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF THIS, DON'T YOU GET IT?! You'll... die..." Natsu said tears threatening to fall, but he didn't let them.

"Listen Natsu, I did't tell you all of this so you go and attack my dad, I did not tell you this for you to feel sorry for me, either. I told you because I want to feel closer to you..." Lucy said in a sad and happy tone. Natsu turned around and embraced her.

"I'm sorry.. it's just.. for some reason I feel very protective when it comes to you and I don't know why, but I started to care about you a lot for the past week." Natsu said with a tiny bit of blush, unlike Lucy who was red as tomato.

"Thank you, I don't really know how to return those feelings... I think I care about you, too." She said, getting on her tippy toes to try and reach his forehead. He was too tall for her, so he bended down, not getting what she was doing. She lightly kissed his forehead, while holding his hair back with her hand.

Now, Natsu was blushing dark shade of red. His skin became more pink than his hair. It was amusing to Lucy and she couldn't help but giggle. Natsu crossed his arms and poutted.

"It's not funny and stop being cute all the time!" He yelled, her eyes widening. Realization made him blush even more.

"Just forget it, okay!"

——————————————————————
That's it!

Is Natsu cute?

Are Lucy's actions cute?

How do you feel about Lucy's past?

Naxt chapter: I'm safe...